James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Recommended Posts

I drove to work today, got out of the car in the car park and started to walk the short (5 minute walk) distance to work. I realised I must have something in my left shoe because my foot felt uncomfortable. At this point I took the shoe off.

Then I realised I had two identical right shoes on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billypop said:

I drove to work today, got out of the car in the car park and started to walk the short (5 minute walk) distance to work. I realised I must have something in my left shoe because my foot felt uncomfortable. At this point I took the shoe off.

Then I realised I had two identical right shoes on. 

As I walked into work one morning I noticed I had two odd shoes on. One black and one brown. To make matters worse one was a slip on and one a lace up.

I was on tenterhooks all day waiting for or someone to notice and rip the pee out of me. I got away with it.

Edited by Bearman
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off to Leeds fest today. I don't really like any of the bands but it's the Mrs birthday and she's a big Kasabian fan so that's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite probably the wrong thread because this is really exciting news:  apparently DFS have a sale on of their sofas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A French woman just asked me if I had any salt and/or fresh parsley I could spare her. I had both. Not the expected of requests today.

Then I met a German bloke who hasn't stopped laughing all week. A German who understands satire, irony and plain sarcasm..... blasted the stereotype wide open right there.

Not stuff the world will be set alight by I know..... but both made my day😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an avid Star Trek fan, and one particularly enamoured of Deep Space 9, I always think Ferengi Commerce Authority when I see a news report on the FCA.  Please, please, please let there be a Brunt working there...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ckn said:

As an avid Star Trek fan, and one particularly enamoured of Deep Space 9, I always think Ferengi Commerce Authority when I see a news report on the FCA.  Please, please, please let there be a Brunt working there...

Will you be watching Discovery this September?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tips for living longer:

  1. Don't punch bears
  2. If you are already punching bears, stop it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2017 at 1:00 PM, Bearman said:

As I walked into work one morning I noticed I had two odd shoes on. One black and one brown. To make matters worse one was a slip on and one a lace up.

I was on tenterhooks all day waiting for or someone to notice and rip the pee out of me. I got away with it.

 

A couple of years ago I spent most of the day at my stall at a market resplendent in my slippers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timtum said:

I put up what is hopefully the last string of fly paper of the summer earlier on today.

There's very little that annoys me more than a fly in the house.  I have an irrational dislike of the things and they're one of the few things I will happily kill.  Spiders get the pint-glass with a bit of paper underneath treatment, flies get swatted with the first heavy thing I can find.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ckn said:

There's very little that annoys me more than a fly in the house.  I have an irrational dislike of the things and they're one of the few things I will happily kill.  Spiders get the pint-glass with a bit of paper underneath treatment, flies get swatted with the first heavy thing I can find.

Bluebottles are very evasive and hard to swat. Any other fly or a mosquito gets The Executioner.

Bees come in sometimes, buzz around for a few seconds, then exit the way they came. Wasps aren't as bright. Again, the latter gets zapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Bluebottles are very evasive and hard to swat. Any other fly or a mosquito gets The Executioner.

Bees come in sometimes, buzz around for a few seconds, then exit the way they came. Wasps aren't as bright. Again, the latter gets zapped.

Bees get escorted out if they're not sure of the way, wasps get squished if they won't take the hint of an open window and shuffle escort.

The thing with bluebottles is to overwhelm them.  They rarely can get away from an A4 pad brought down fast.

On mosquitos, here's an article I read in one of my engineering journals on how to build an automated laser targeting system for keeping mossies out of your garden.  Quite probably one of the most interesting technical articles I've ever read!  Certainly way beyond "uninteresting"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am such a hippy that when there was one mosquito in my bedroom for a couple of weeks, I was content for it to takes its fill each evening without begrudging it.

In other dull news, I currently live in the Swiss Alps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just back from a week on Mrs Stevo's family's farm in Spain. They have a saying related to flies which translates as: "You can kill a fly, but a hundred of its relatives will come to the funeral".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the background today, I'm migrating my server's OS hard drive to a spare SSD one I had lying around from the demise of my Macbook Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ckn said:

The British pint is 20% larger than a US pint.

I genuinely didn't know that until today...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_imperial_and_US_customary_measurement_systems

There are quite a lot of differences between imperial and US measures.

Edited by Futtocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ckn said:

The British pint is 20% larger than a US pint.

I genuinely didn't know that until today...

The US are onto something here.  Having 16 fl oz to the pint and 16 oz to the pound makes a pint of watch weight a pound.

It is still wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Jan 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here