What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a typical Petty album but I love it trying to hunt down a vinyl copy for less than £100 is proving impossible.

I gave my copy away, to a friend who liked it more than me.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not a typical Petty album but I love it trying to hunt down a vinyl copy for less than £100 is proving impossible.

With over 30 million LPs being pressed last year alone, maybe MoFi or some such will get round to doing a nice quality reissue.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That means if Eddie gets hold of a copy he might want as much as a fiver for it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

With over 30 million LPs being pressed last year alone, maybe MoFi or some such will get round to doing a nice quality reissue.

One of them has just arrived at our house. Monster Magnet's excellent new album 'Last Patrol'.

I shall be giving my ear 'oles a bashing before too long.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Popped into Eddies today great selection of country and western he's put them in the back for you Dave.

Cheers Pete, I owe you.

Not quite sure what but I owe you.

Heard some of his show today but must have missed that bit. Will check it out on iplayer.

Sorry mate. Meant programme rather than owt 70s noodly.

There was a burst of Moon River, Age of Consent, Pure, and the theme from the Persuaders which had me throwing some rather wierd sunday afternoon shapes.

Ethiopian jazz time! Samuel Yirga played on the 'Dub Colossus in a Town called Addis' album, which I have recommended to TRL before.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Following the news about the recent rise in vinyl sales, Private Eye picked up on it for their 'message board' spoof. At least, I think it's a spoof... :unsure:

PI_FTMB_zpse43dd35b.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Queen have made UK chart history by becoming the first act to sell six million copies of an individual album.

Their first Greatest Hits collection, which includes the hits We Will Rock You and Bohemian Rhapsody, has extended its lead after being Britain's highest-selling album for several years.

The Official Charts Company said one in three British families now owned a copy of the 1981 compilation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26121239

Still one of my favourite albums.

From 'Comedy', an album with a hidden track about David Gower.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I found my copy of 'Dirty Fan Male' the other evening. Performance readings of genuine fan letters to 'glamour' models, Page 3 girls etc., some of them in the voice of Cary Grant, James Mason and Alan Bennett. Absolutely NFSW from the start! :biggrin: 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Venezuelan composer Reynaldo Hahn's 'Premières Valses'.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

One for the Salford fans

And this is for the Salford fans if the season doesn't go well.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think I have found vinyl nirvana listening to Natalie Merchant - Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs 45rpm 180grm direct master pressing of Tigerlily, has to be the best vinyl pressing I have ever heard.

Yes but does it make you want to shake your cosmic thing?