Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

4,488 posts in this topic

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

Over 20 years old, that song. Makes me feel old...

Over 20 years old, that song. Makes me feel old...

Most of my music makes me feel old, I remember first hearing it and thought it sounded like nothing I had heard before. It still sounds fresh now.

The latest albums from two of the world's greatest rock 'n' roll bands, the Supersuckers and the Reverend Horton Heat.

No sooner than I had typed 'sucker' the ad at the type of the screen suggested I might like to invest in some property in Nigeria.

The latest albums from two of the world's greatest rock 'n' roll bands, the Supersuckers and the Reverend Horton Heat.

I was listening to Steve Earle and the Supersuckers NYC the other day.

I surely was pal. Voi Vod were supposed to play but didn't. Top band that day were the Cro Mags and if I was pushed I would say it was the best live show I have ever seen. The original Cro Mags with John Joseph and Harley Flanagan absolutely tore it up and IMO blew everyone off the stage. Megadeth were ok but I aren't sure if Chris Poland had left by then so it wouldn't surprise me if that's why they weren't that great. ..not bad though.

Edit: Poland had left and imo Megadeth were never as good. His jazzy style really made that group imo.

And I do recall the sound being bad for some bands and the toilets being disgusting but then it was a bus station.

Edited by Johnoco

The Georgia Satelites which has to be played very loud to be fully appreciated.

I surely was pal. Voi Vod were supposed to play but didn't. Top band that day were the Cro Mags and if I was pushed I would say it was the best live show I have ever seen. The original Cro Mags with John Joseph and Harley Flanagan absolutely tore it up and IMO blew everyone off the stage. Megadeth were ok but I aren't sure if Chris Poland had left by then so it wouldn't surprise me if that's why they weren't that great. ..not bad though.

Edit: Poland had left and imo Megadeth were never as good. His jazzy style really made that group imo.

And I do recall the sound being bad for some bands and the toilets being disgusting but then it was a bus station.

I've still got the Megadeth t-shirt with the blue logo from this gig. I travelled down overnight from Edinburgh after spending the preceding 3 months trying to persuade my mum to let me go, and by the time I got home I don't think I'd slept for about 3 days. I agree with you, the Cro-Mags were awesome. I think that was the first time I experienced a circle mosh. Got more than a few elbows in the face and ribs during that set! I think my favourite band of the day were Kreator though, but I was *really* into them at the time. I think the worst thing about the venue was the lack of a bar though, that was unforgivable!

I've still got the Megadeth t-shirt with the blue logo from this gig. I travelled down overnight from Edinburgh after spending the preceding 3 months trying to persuade my mum to let me go, and by the time I got home I don't think I'd slept for about 3 days. I agree with you, the Cro-Mags were awesome. I think that was the first time I experienced a circle mosh. Got more than a few elbows in the face and ribs during that set! I think my favourite band of the day were Kreator though, but I was *really* into them at the time. I think the worst thing about the venue was the lack of a bar though, that was unforgivable!

Good stuff.

I thought Kreator were good but we had seen them on their tour a bit earlier (with Celtic Frost) and they were *really* good, really powerful and insanely aggressive.

I also got a Cro Mags T-shirt that day. My Mrs threw it out a few years ago along with my 86 Master of Puppets tour shirt (by accident) I may speak to her again one day...but it's unlikely.

Edited by Johnoco

The Georgia Satelites which has to be played very loud to be fully appreciated.

Especially Battleship Chains

Especially Battleship Chains

Thanks for that. Going to give it a bit of eleven before bedtime

Prompted by the earlier post...

Voi Vod - Fix My Heart. Seriously, you need to check this song out.

Booker T and The MG's - Time is Tight, great base line and rhythm foot tapplingly good.

I was listening to Steve Earle and the Supersuckers NYC the other day.

Been a lean few years for the self proclaimed 'greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world' but the new album is a welcome return to some form. Serves as a reminder of just how good they were at their best.

Another top chewn, keep 'em coming.

The Move - Cherry Blossom Clinic.

Why is Roy Wood not a Sir?

The Move - Cherry Blossom Clinic.

Why is Roy Wood not a Sir?

This story, perhaps?

Edited by Futtocks

I actually quite liked that despite not really being into that sort of music....if that makes any sense....