Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

4,349 posts in this topic

The Nits - Quest. A bonus disc of unreleased songs from the mid-Nineties. Some very good tracks, some a bit sketchy.

R-2330228-1382792786-7856.jpeg.jpg

Two of the UKs long serving (and for me up there with the very best) bands have new albums just around the corner:

Listening to some Garfunkel & Oates tracks on YouTube. They are comedy music duo Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci, who have both had appearances on (and written for) 'The Big Bang Theory'. 

Some of the lyrics are very much NSFW, especially 'The Loophole'. Funny, though.   :biggrin:

Edited by Futtocks

Ryan Adams has covered the entirety of Taylor Swift's '1989' album.  I suspect this is a bit marmite but I'm enjoying what I've heard so far:

The Beatles ... Past Masters Volumes 1 & 2

They'll never get anywhere, guitar bands are on their way out!

I've just taken delivery of Gwenno's first album "Y Dydd Olaf". Ambient, electro pop sung in Welsh. I like it.

Here's the first track "Chwyldro":

I'll have to watch all 4+ hours of this to tell if it is The Band's legendary 'Last Waltz' concert in full, without Scorsese's interruptions. But it looks and sounds like it might be.  B)

Spiders from Mars' self-titled (and only) album. No Mick Ronson, unfortunately, but it's not bad.

R-777641-1435424158-7817.jpeg.jpg

A really good vinyl rip of Frank Zappa - Apostrophe. B)

Edit: switched off now, because I want to hear what will be undoubtedly an hilarious RU post-mortem.

Edited by Futtocks

Spiders from Mars' self-titled (and only) album. No Mick Ronson, unfortunately, but it's not bad.

That's a bit of a rarity. I remember it being released but I can't remember ever hearing it and I've never seen it come up second hand.

Mick would have been busy pursuing his solo career at that time. He services were also very much in demand. As Elton John once said of him, everybody wanted Mick Ronson on their album.

Thanks to the pre-match entertainment at the NRL Grand Final, I had to go back and listen to this again.

Okay, brace yourself! Tiny Tim* commits GBH on 'Do ya think I'm sexy'.

*not that one, but if this video helps you to visualise a certain TRL member, go for it!