What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

4,488 posts in this topic

More second-hand finds:

Bobby Womack - The Poet

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - So far

Dickey Betts & Great Southern - Dickey Betts & Great Southern

Earth, Wind & Fire - Gratitude

Leo Kottke - Leo Kottke

I am listening to the insanely talented Matt Hill (aka Quiet Loner) and you can too:

Jake Smallbones an anarchist mate of mine

Watching The Hollies on SkyArts1. Never realised what a very talented band this lot were. Might have to get hold of some stuff, bloody brilliant musicians.

Watching The Hollies on SkyArts1. Never realised what a very talented band this lot were. Might have to get hold of some stuff, bloody brilliant musicians.

I caught some of that. I grew up thinking The Hollies were just a better than average pop singles band. It's only recently I've come to appreciate just how good they were.

I caught some of that. I grew up thinking The Hollies were just a better than average pop singles band. It's only recently I've come to appreciate just how good they were.

And Graham Nash went on to do some pretty fine stuff with Crosby and Stills* too. Talking of which, and seeing as it's December... enjoy!

*and occasionally Young.

Edited by Futtocks

And Graham Nash went on to do some pretty fine stuff with Crosby and Stills* too. Talking of which, and seeing as it's December... enjoy!

*and occasionally Young.

There was a bit on the programme about how he completely left behind his life in Britain (including his marriage) to start a new life in the U.S.

Didn't turn out too badly for him.

Rancid were excellent again lastnight at Rock City , possibly the best I've seen them superbly supported by UK Subs.

Very good in Leeds last night. GBH were very good too. Good sound, good gig.

Get into the Christmas spirit with the Zim! :D

Nine Black Alps at Adelphi last night.

It's beyond me how a band that good are still playing to audiences of only 40-50 people in small venues. From a selfish point of view I'm glad they are but they really deserve a wider audience.

Listened all the way through Todd Rundgren's magnum opus 'Something/Anything?' Just superb.

Then followed it up with Bobby Womack & Damon Albarn in session of French radio. Pretty much unlistenable - I managed two-and-a-bit songs and gave up. To restore my faith in the guy, I played side 1 of Bobby's classic album 'The Poet'. So, SO much better.

Listened all the way through Todd Rundgren's magnum opus 'Something/Anything?' Just superb.

Then followed it up with Bobby Womack & Damon Albarn in session of French radio. Pretty much unlistenable - I managed two-and-a-bit songs and gave up. To restore my faith in the guy, I played side 1 of Bobby's classic album 'The Poet'. So, SO much better.

Out of interest why was it unlistenable?

Out of interest why was it unlistenable?

For a start, it was very sloppy, vocally and instrumentally. But the songs I managed to listen through were lousy, too.

Mingus Big Band - Self Portrait in Three Colours. on Spotify. oops its finished in the time it has taken me to type this,

now its Truly Your Friend - Lucky Peterson

lifts the gloom when writing about designing, building, installing and supporting machinery for the root crop agricultural industry.