Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Loxton

No more teletext

6 posts in this topic

With the announcement that ITV s teletext will be no more after December of this year it further restricts news of the championship rugby league news and league tables etc. It is very rare that news is given via CEEFAX for our leagues. I think it would be a good idea if the rugby league insisted that the BBC give us a better local service on our sport in the future.

Now that the monopolies board have pulled sky regarding them having the say over the sports presentations and the fact that it looks as if sky will have to hive some of their coverage off to independant companies, sky have intimated that this could result in less revenue for other fixtures. Would not be a suprise if RL is the first to suffer. Another body blow for our game.

a double edged sword. Losing revenue into league is an obvious downer if that in fact happens!

However, murdoch being given some shoe??? Oh i just live in hope!

Now that the monopolies board have pulled sky regarding them having the say over the sports presentations and the fact that it looks as if sky will have to hive some of their coverage off to independant companies, sky have intimated that this could result in less revenue for other fixtures. Would not be a suprise if RL is the first to suffer. Another body blow for our game.

honestly bob, ive never used teletext in my life...i see it as 'old school internet' this news will not affect me, or a lot of people age 25 or less at all i reckon.

honestly bob, ive never used teletext in my life...i see it as 'old school internet' this news will not affect me, or a lot of people age 25 or less at all i reckon.

You have a point, teletext is pretty useless for RL and has been for ages. Then again the internet is not a lot better. Places where you can find general news about the championship are few and far between. Fans forums are often full of maybe and could be. In an age of so many media outlets, for me it's still the written media that provides the most news. ie. League Express etc.

I know several people that tune into teletext for RL results and league table positions its quick and easy. I will have to admit it is people that don't usually attend the matches and I feel this will result in people not caring about the game altogether. The Rugby League express has a fantastic results sequence but unfortunately non attenders or prospective new fans do not buy the paper.