B.O.G.O.F.

Steve Slater

If the clubs sells the target amount of season tickets and we all get a free one, what should we all do with it?

We would, in effect, be ambassadors of the club. If we were to loan it out to someone who attends regularly then that would be selling the club short because they would have come anyway and the club loses out on their admission fee. But if we all loaned our ticket to a lapsed fan who we are trying to bring back to the game, they might stay and start paying in future years? If we all did this it might increase the gate to over 2,000 which would go some way to meeting the SL franchise stipulation of 2,500 minimum.

What does anyone else think?

PS. I always wondered why Dewsbury were getting such big crowds last year, but I have just discovered that their season tickets are only

Offering fans of clubs who aren't playing a discount is a great idea and it has been suggested many times.Some people would disagree with it or want a similar concession in return but i'm all for it if it attracts money to the club that we wouldn't otherwise get.

Agreed!

I've always thought it would be a good idea to let fans in from other clubs at a discounted rate but whenever I've suggested it on here it has been shot down by a few people. Instead of seeing it as a positive and the club getting an extra fiver or tenner it wouldn't be otherwise be banking, some see it as a negative and grumble it isn't fair.

Agreed!

I've always thought it would be a good idea to let fans in from other clubs at a discounted rate but whenever I've suggested it on here it has been shot down by a few people. Instead of seeing it as a positive and the club getting an extra fiver or tenner it wouldn't be otherwise be banking, some see it as a negative and grumble it isn't fair.

Didnt we have a similar deal with Wakefield? It'd get a few more in if we offered a deal to Trinity season ticket holders. Huddersfield and Batley do it aswell I believe.

Cummins Out.

I think we should set up something with Wakefield season ticket holders.

If we let them in at a cheap rate they could do the same for Featherstone season ticket holders this would give Rovers more income and increase the people coming through the gate. That with golden gamble tickets and money behind the bar can only be good for the club

I certainly don't think we should give anyone a reduced rate on entry as we'd be selling our product short, when we need to make people think we have a product worth spending money to see! it kind of undoes all what the club are trying to do. I certainly wouldn't be happy if fans of other clubs were paying less than me to get to watch my team, its only

I'll be buying my season ticket tomorrow morning online, be lovely if it was over 1,000. Be amazing if it was!

Have the club done any research into where our supporters live, possible areas for growth, what type of backgrounds our fans live in? Should all be part of the marketing department (do we have that?)

I see both sides of the arguement with other supporters getting in cheaper, but you never know it could work, why not give it a whirl for one game only? A game where we wouldn't get many away fans.

The family days work a treat, why not look at what York do and have a "ladies" game where all ladies get into the game free?

What about a special supporters bus for the fans that live further away? Running from Selby, picking up en route at the likes of Knottingley, Ferrybridge, Brotherton, whilst also coming from South Elmsall, Hemsworth, Upton?

Mick raises a valid point that

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year