Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leeds Wire

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

975 posts in this topic

Well, the Pan European is still in my garage. I shan't be going out on it, even though is not snowing here at all.

The side roads round here look awful. Started snowing properly at about 9 and has just now stopped. Meant to start again later. The main road (on which we live) was looking bad but the plough and gritting team have just been through and it looks fine now.

Lots of fun watching folk in the snow - and of course two boys hurling round the garden in it. Pleased I worked from home though - and not just so I could watch Argentina v Tunisia in the handball.

Obligatory photie

8391718781_12fbb2af1d_c.jpg

Royal Mail by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr

British people never cease to be amazed by snow do they.

Edited by Just Browny

It's because of it's rarity value. Next summer we will be amazed by sunshine, if we should get any. :rolleyes:

A few days of the year when things are a bit different.

It'd be like if something interesting happened in Belgium. They'd be talking about it for ages.

It'd be like if something interesting happened in Belgium

They're too busy trying to identify whether any of their number might be famous to notice.

A few days of the year when things are a bit different.

It'd be like if something interesting happened in Belgium. They'd be talking about it for ages.

S'ace Belgium, don't knock it. We've had snow all week, it didn't cause an Instagram party though.

We've had snow all week, it didn't cause an Instagram party though.

This is because there would be a constitutional crisis should there be more snow pics tagged in French than Flemish.

Its the media that whip everyone into a frenzy, beats reporting real news!

Opened up a weather app this morning to have a look at tomorrows forcast, was slightly taken aback to see a forecast of -29 today and -25 tomorrow, before realising it had defaulted to the brother in laws town in Finland, I checked his timeline on facebook, no bloody mention of the weather of pannick buying, he's clearly not entering into the spirit of things!

We went out today and Panic Bought.

We now have enough food for 4 people for 5 days.

FFS

Well, the Pan European is still in my garage.

Blimey, I didn't realise you were that old :P

We went out today and Panic Bought.

We now have enough food for 4 people for 5 days.

FFS

You're FFSing something you did?

You're my hero.

We've got thunder and snow here in Hull Im beginning to think those bloody Mayans were right.

Oh balls, woken up just now to find a fresh thick covering of snow. Sod off now it's boring and annoying.

I didn't get back to sleep, fascinating to watch the stupid c"nts drive on motorways with 4 inches of snow all over their cars.

Interesting commute for me this morning.

My first "will I or won't I" moment was to get off our lane, where there was a drift that was probably a good couple of feet deep. Managed to get through that without any problem. Next was the approx 1 in 5 hill I had to climb to get into the village, which had a covering of about 3 inches or so. Once clear of that, over Cock Hill between Peckett Well & Oxenhope, which was particularly slippery in place, with a decent covering of snow and dense fog not helping. Oxenhope to Steeton was pretty clear.

I have to admit, the standard of driving in general didn't seem to bad today. I wasn't tailgated down any snow covered hills, I didn't see any cars that were still covered in snow beyong a pinhole for the driver to peer through and only one car I passed hadn't cleared their headlights of snow, given it was still dark. :)

Blimey, I didn't realise you were that old :P

Comes to us all! the VFR1200 had to go, TOO fast... and knackered shoulder too!

Comes to us all! the VFR1200 had to go, TOO fast... and knackered shoulder too!

I realised the 900SS had to go when I couldn't rise it for more than an hour without serious cramp in my hips and shoulders.

I looked at the Triumph Sprint ST, definitely the sensible choice, more upright, comfortable, big panniers for luggage.

So naturally I bought a Ducati 1098. :D

Edited by Shadow

There's nowt in Briggus yet.

There is now!

another day off work can't get out the bloody street here in standish wigan and it is still snowing, at least a good 5 inch :(

I didn't get back to sleep, fascinating to watch the stupid c"nts drive on motorways with 4 inches of snow all over their cars.

I was told that you can be fined for driving a car with snow on the roof! :D

Spent an hour shovelling this morning. Waste of time because we've had another inch and a half in the following two hours.

Side roads a bit slushy, main roads clear, snow largely gone, some sleet forecast.

Side roads a bit slushy, main roads clear, snow largely gone, some sleet forecast.

I hope you're in magical Bradford when saying that.