Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leeds Wire

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

975 posts in this topic

freezing winds and snow last night in Nottingham, bloody unpleasant to be in it, it was the factory christmas discotheque and drink up.

A good night though,everyone suited and booted, it's good to see folks make the effort to dress well

Lashed it down in Hook (in Hampshire) last night

In fact it was soooo bad some people couldn't make it to work - call me cynical but I really don;t think they've tried THAT hard

It has started snowing again and the compacted snow in the tyre tracks left by cars has turned into ice.

Lovely. I'm very glad we're both working at home today.

It has started snowing again and the compacted snow in the tyre tracks left by cars has turned into ice.

Fantastic - I can see the school kids sliding home in those tracks - happy days!

Fantastic - I can see the school kids sliding home in those tracks - happy days!

That brings back memories!

The view looking out of my back window from my office:

IMG_0002resize.jpg

Just a quick point&shoot.

Edit: now it's snowing even heavier than it was last night.

Prolonged heavy snow shower while I was at work. Left a covering of a couple of inches. Looked very pretty on the Norway Spruce just outside the office window. Got home, a mere five miles away, and there was barely a dusting of the stuff.

Pony on Anlaby Common this morning. Doesn't look too impressed with the weather:

AnlabyCommon006.jpg

I no longer feel left out, deprived or disadvantaged

In snowed here in the night, about 1 ", and the thermometer has nor risen above -2 Celcius all day.

I got minus 16 last night, which is a little chilly even for me.

-25 is the lowest I've experienced, but that was in a windless cold store.

Just started snowing again here.

What's the collective noun for a bunch of people who take all of the winter's grit for the whole street and throw it all on their own parking spaces ignoring the road altogther?

A tosspot of imbeciles?

Anyway, oddly enough our road is quite slippery ... more snow on the way. :rolleyes:

After sneering at our railways with "the wrong kind of snow" the French Eurostar trains couldn't cope with the temperature differences outside and inside the Channel Tunnel and broke down!

Minus 14 in Oslo, minus 12 in Vienna, minus 5 in Leeds and in Rome, minus 7 in Venice, and minus 6 in Madrid. Coldest December weather in the Alps, and the earliest start to the ski season, for years.

Global warming, eh?

What's the collective noun for a bunch of people who take all of the winter's grit for the whole street and throw it all on their own parking spaces ignoring the road altogther?

Southerners? :lol:

a bunch of w@nkers

A tosspot of imbeciles?

Anyway, oddly enough our road is quite slippery ... more snow on the way. :rolleyes:

Southerners? :lol:

Beat me to it. :P

Minus 14 in Oslo, minus 12 in Vienna, minus 5 in Leeds and in Rome, minus 7 in Venice, and minus 6 in Madrid. Coldest December weather in the Alps, and the earliest start to the ski season, for years.

Global warming, eh?

I think the correct phrase is climate change.

Wigan has got a good covering, unusual for around these parts we rarely see snow.

Edited by Padge

-8 C on my outside thermometer at 7 am this morning