Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leeds Wire

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

975 posts in this topic

Drive home last night was worse. Little traffic on gritted roads let the snow settle. 25mph all the way home.

Edited by Bedford Roughyed

Still snowing heavily in Bradford. Cup of tea. Van. Supermarket.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I hope you're in magical Bradford when saying that.

"magical Bradford" Oxymoron.

so I cleared my car and gave it this... a snowhican

Edited by hindle xiii

The Environment Agency has urged us all to make a snowman to slow down the thaw.This will prevent the danger of flooding apparently.

The Environment Agency has urged us all to make a snowman to slow down the thaw.This will prevent the danger of flooding apparently.

I believe it was an attempt at humour.

More on the way today in RL country, quite a lot of it in places. All gone by Sunday.

More on the way today in RL country,

Yup, a final blast from this snap blowing across the Chilterns later.

Snow in Bradford; not heavy but starting to stick. Going to watch my son's fiancee in a show tonight, so will make use of my very rare bus rides.

There are two bus routes ... 036 and 037 ... through the suburb where I live and I still don't know which number relates to which route.

In fairness, I've only lived here since 1984.

:)

Some light snow flurries periodically here in Calderdale on Le Tour route. Heavier snow forecast for tonight.

Some light snow flurries periodically here in Calderdale on Le Tour route. Heavier snow forecast for tonight.

it was just starting as I set off home. Interestingly, as I headed over higher ground, the roads were in places covered with snow, even though it hadn't been snowing; it was simply from the wind blowing it from where it's been sat for days on the roadside.

It's snowing good and proper here in Sintellins and has been doing for over an hour now. Sky has disappeared (that is the satellite TV, not the thing above planet earth). Why were we forced into switching on to digital only again? Analogue TV never suffered from the weather like satellite TV does.

Blummin -20 here in Lithuania, had a 30 minute walk from were I've been working to a hotel in -20, ordered a brandy and bowl of broth to "warm up" waitress scoffed that its a good job I'm not here when its cold!

Man up England!

Missus is abandoning the car at work and walking home. Praise has to go out to those who have to turn out in awful conditions.

it is a good foot deep here in snowy wigan been coming down since 5pm and still heavy, first friday night i have stayed in for 25 years i must be getting soft.

where are you? I'm in Boothtown and its pretty thick (the snow's no joke either :lol: )

I'm itching to go out but I've never seen flakes as big.

God, I hate dandruff.

it is a good foot deep here in snowy wigan been coming down since 5pm and still heavy, first friday night i have stayed in for 25 years i must be getting soft.

I'll confirm that, its getting deep.

Really bad tonight in Bradford. I've given at least half a dozen cars a push on the 3 miles home ... i.e. about 25% of those running.