Sign in to follow this  
Leeds Wire

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Phil said:

They’re sheep not lambs, they sh*** all over the garden 

one of em even dropped dead in the garden a few weeks weeks ago bloody things 😡

Call the RSPCA

image.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of inches here in south London and still coming down fairly heavily. Sticking but not really settling at any depth.

I wouldn't mind at all, but it is happens to be the only day I can move house so I am shipping all my worldly belongings five miles up the road, and my heavily pregnant better half can't help. Wish me luck - if I don't break my neck I will see it as a good outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

my heavily pregnant better half can't help

Is this an announcement?

Should I have been paying attention to your posts more closely?

Have you booked the stable already?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Phil said:

I actually prefer mutton but I’m not about to slaughter and butcher a critter in my own kitchen am I? 😂

Sure you can...if you've got a tree outside hang it, gut and skin there...quarter it outside (do most of the deboning outside also...then put plastic over the kitchen table and floor...bring in quartered sections and get at it with the knives...easy and fun...get that meat in the freezer for the upcoming winter.  People have been doing it for centuries before our so called improved 'modern' society.

Get back to the land Man!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Is this an announcement?

Should I have been paying attention to your posts more closely?

Have you booked the stable already?

Booked the stable? It is amazing to see the lenses through which the middle classes see things. Do you imagine Joseph getting the move all sorted out through Taskrabbit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Well its already frozen...

Is it froze solid or just sort of frozen...either way this is good since the bugs/flies couldn't get at it and lay eggs....after killing a moose or deer (or any large game) these are actually the sought after conditions...fortune smiles on you my Friend!!!!..."pitter patter lets get at 'er" the old wolf says.

Sharpen up those knives and start deboning the ligaments and tendons first.  Let me know how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing again here and just getting ready to head into the bush with the dog for a long trek...decisions, decisions...just that time of year...do I wear high hikers, muckluks with snowshoes...or X country skies...all will work but just not the right time for any.   Yesterday was out and followed a pack of coyote tracks in the snow until they intersected with a deer trail...something big happened...blood and fur all over the place...wonder what I will find today?

Ya never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Sure you can...if you've got a tree outside hang it, gut and skin there...quarter it outside (do most of the deboning outside also...then put plastic over the kitchen table and floor...bring in quartered sections and get at it with the knives...easy and fun...get that meat in the freezer for the upcoming winter.  People have been doing it for centuries before our so called improved 'modern' society.

Get back to the land Man!

I’m a bloody accountant for gods sake!!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Artillery...this proves it...certainly Artillery.

It’s not an Artillery thing; it’s his age!

2 hours ago, ckn said:

Have you seen the state of this country? 

We are a pretty sorry, pathetic bunch...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Phil said:

I’m a bloody accountant for gods sake!!! 

Pretend you’re a lawyer for half an hour or so, that’ll see you through. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ckn said:

Pretend you’re a lawyer for half an hour or so, that’ll see you through. 

I actually have principles you know 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our place this morning just after I’d chased the sheep away 

 

 

44F28E27-4EDD-4B3B-AA14-488C23CC1F9E.jpeg

84658330-4407-424A-B527-5A1A9443EFCF.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Phil said:

I’m a bloody accountant for gods sake!!! 

You've got to start properly earning your money sometime Phil.

 

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Is it froze solid or just sort of frozen...either way this is good since the bugs/flies couldn't get at it and lay eggs....after killing a moose or deer (or any large game) these are actually the sought after conditions...fortune smiles on you my Friend!!!!..."pitter patter lets get at 'er" the old wolf says.

Sharpen up those knives and start deboning the ligaments and tendons first.  Let me know how it goes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You've got to start properly earning your money sometime Phil.

 

 

It beats working mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ckn said:

Have you seen the state of this country?  Just watching on the news about the M25 (the London orbital motorway for our non UK members) being closed in a few sections with pictures of cars all over the place, skid marks everywhere and a right old mess.

The area I saw had had under an inch of landed snow.

Oh come on, that's beyond disgraceful that one of our major roads has been closed by an inch of snow.  There were zero signs of gritting activity and the temperatures are at warm enough that a light salt gritting should have cleared it in a few minutes.

Yup, the coverage given to a wee bit of snow affecting parts of the South and the Midlands, is risible, with the footage of presenters reporting on snowmaggedon, whilst in the background there is footage showing people driving in slush, making for good entertainment. 

Snow? It's ice which needs to have us on alert, particularly we dwellers in the upland valleys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 12:08 PM, Ullman said:

Look on the bright side.

Four foot of snow outside your house is better than four foot of flood water inside it.

Around here, that's great news.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You can eat mutton...just got to be cooked right thats all (Ha! Ha!)...helps if you are really hungry too with lots of ketchup and bread!

Probably costs alot to get rid of an animal carcass over threre with all the rules and such...just bury it...instant fertilizer.

Hogget tastes good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Murica -

 

Bedford...thats California compared to what we get up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longboard said:

Yup, the coverage given to a wee bit of snow affecting parts of the South and the Midlands, is risible, with the footage of presenters reporting on snowmaggedon, whilst in the background there is footage showing people driving in slush, making for good entertainment. 

Snow? It's ice which needs to have us on alert, particularly we dwellers in the upland valleys.

You've had it too soft for too long Longboard...time to come down from that estate at the top of the dale and shiver in the cold with the rest of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Jan 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here