Sign in to follow this  
Leeds Wire

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

37 minutes ago, ckn said:

Now that is funny ckn...and I needed a  laugh!

Just got an email from my next oldest sister that my next oldest brother just had a heart attack around noon shovelling snow...is in hospital now getting a stint...still in surgery!

As I said earlier.  get alot of snow here... more than you could ever imagine...would like to go see him but highway has just been sealed off due to blowing snow and there was just a 5 car pileup...people stuck out there.

How do ya like them potatoes?

Wish I had that drone right now Bedford so i could scope things out .

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It can stay steady in gusts up to 20mph, and flies in winds a little stronger.  Its not advisable to fly in a storm if you want it back!

As long as it has GPS lock, its remarkably steady.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Now that is funny ckn...and I needed a  laugh!

Just got an email from my next oldest sister that my next oldest brother just had a heart attack around noon shovelling snow...is in hospital now getting a stint...still in surgery!

As I said earlier.  get alot of snow here... more than you could ever imagine...would like to go see him but highway has just been sealed off due to blowing snow and there was just a 5 car pileup...people stuck out there.

How do ya like them potatoes?

Wish I had that drone right now Bedford so i could scope things out .

As I've discovered, modern technology, although no direct substitution for being there in person, is wonderful stuff for things like that.  A quick Skype video call can do lots for when you can't get there in person. even just for moral support for those there.  Hope he's OK!

3 hours ago, ckn said:

As I've discovered, modern technology, although no direct substitution for being there in person, is wonderful stuff for things like that.  A quick Skype video call can do lots for when you can't get there in person. even just for moral support for those there.  Hope he's OK!

Went to start the car but the battery is dead due to the cold weather...snowed in...many roads closed...bad windchill...brother made it out of surgery but in ICU for the foreseeable future...

GOD DAMNED SNOW!!!!

I curse you Old Man Winter!

37 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Looked out of the window this morning and was dissapointed that there was no snow clouds ..... perhaps the 38c temperature outside had something to do with it.  It's quite toast in Adelaide today😅

lucky ####!

8 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Looked out of the window this morning and was dissapointed that there was no snow clouds ..... perhaps the 38c temperature outside had something to do with it.  It's quite toast in Adelaide today😅

32 degrees and thunder here.

Same every day.

I'd love some proper cold; wearing a jacket would do.

38 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

32 degrees and thunder here.

Same every day.

I'd love some proper cold; wearing a jacket would do.

Do you live in Darwin?

The weather presenter must have the easiest job in the world.  They just have two lines to say ..... in the dry season they say 'It is 32 centigrade and it is sunny' and in the wet season it is '32 centigrade and raining'.

It's been throwing it down all morning here, the temperature rose from 3C to 10C in the space of an hour between 5.45 and 6.45 yesterday evening

Snowing again up here on the tops 

Snow has stopped but is coming again...cold here.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Snowing again up here on the tops 

It was snowing a fair bit coming over Cock Hill tonight and it was settling on the road.

32 minutes ago, longboard said:

It was snowing a fair bit coming over Cock Hill tonight and it was settling on the road.

Yeah it’s settling on Cold Edge as well 

19 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Do you live in Darwin?

The weather presenter must have the easiest job in the world.  They just have two lines to say ..... in the dry season they say 'It is 32 centigrade and it is sunny' and in the wet season it is '32 centigrade and raining'.

Singapore.

32 degrees again today. Probably a storm later. Again.

7 hours ago, longboard said:

Wasn't so bad when I was heading over last night. Shortly time to see what it's like this morning.

14 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Wasn't so bad when I was heading over last night. Shortly time to see what it's like this morning.

Easy journey this morning. 1hr 10 mins from Oxenhope to Peckett Well this evening, due to abandoned cars and questionable driving standards following a couple of inches of snow. 😤😤😤

It’s -2.5c here in glorious Dunfermline. The Travelodge hasn’t gritted the car park and my rear wheel drive car has the grace of Bambi on ice in cold conditions. 

I'd say the windchill here is about -18 C and it has started to snow again...nice nippy walk to work today in about -20?

Getting new battery for car today so on foot.

Edited by Kayakman

Slight drizzle here, rumours to snow in Copenhagen's suburbs, but who cares about those people?

We are being brave.

Snowing again, getting ready to go out and shovel the laneway again.

Nice drive from Teesdale into Upper South Tynedale this afternoon over Yad Moss; a fair bit of snow with the ski centre open tomorrow. Baltic in the house though when I arrived made worse by the heating not working... typical! 

F51A4A02-5950-4298-ADC2-73FC3BF46B6B.jpeg

13AFAA2D-618B-46D1-BC8B-D49282342F67.jpeg

DF85BFA3-FD55-48D4-B290-FC203E046021.jpeg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Nice drive from Teesdale into Upper South Tynedale this afternoon over Yad Moss; a fair bit of snow with the ski centre open tomorrow. Baltic in the house though when I arrived made worse by the heating not working... typical! 

F51A4A02-5950-4298-ADC2-73FC3BF46B6B.jpeg

13AFAA2D-618B-46D1-BC8B-D49282342F67.jpeg

DF85BFA3-FD55-48D4-B290-FC203E046021.jpeg

Looks pretty...would like to walk my dog there...snowing again here/pretty hard and the wife isn't home yet....highways will be a brute...whiteouts. Lots of accumulation on previous heaps!

After the plow went by the end of the laneway looks like the 'Wall"  from Game Of Thrones...gettionmg pumped up to go out there and shovel...a free workout!

12 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Flipping freezing in my flat too, although it could be because when I moved in I put my bookcase in front of the heater, and my DVD's next to. Just gone out to my local BHF shop to buy an electric heater.

13 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Looks pretty...would like to walk my dog there...snowing again here/pretty hard and the wife isn't home yet....

Not on these hills in the snow; it's absolutely not Ontario conditions (wet cold makes it feel colder than it is) but the hidden open lead mine shafts are a bit precarious, unless you want to be Bruce Wayne of course.

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Not on these hills in the snow; it's absolutely not Ontario conditions (wet cold makes it feel colder than it is) but the hidden open lead mine shafts are a bit precarious, unless you want to be Bruce Wayne of course.

Don't need to accidentally fall in a mine shaft thats for sure!