Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leeds Wire

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

975 posts in this topic

We had a grit bin that the halfwits nicked for their own parking spaces.

But the main roads haven't been gritted at all.

Get yourself to B&Q and get a 25kg bag of water softener salt. It'll cost you about

I understand that salting can damage concrete drives. anyone heard this?

So that was a five hour journey home then including the train completely failing and, later, a driver deciding that his coffee break was more important than anything else.

12460_236803611321_601776321_4137702_5011335_n.jpg

and some cheeky ######'s nicked your front fence :rolleyes::D

We have no snow in Stoke although travelling back home Christmas Eve so hopefull have some beautiful views over the M62

Kat

-7 this morning on the way to into work. It got so cold outside that ice was forming on the inside of my car. That's after driving for half an hour.

*double post*

Edited by PC

A hlaf hour special programme on BBC1 because it snowed a bit in Basingstoke.

FFS :angry:

Heavy snow in Whitworth. If you live in the north west and roads were iffy this morning I'd say start thinking about going home!

Really heavy snowfall just south of Stockport, not forecast at all. Looks like I won't get the car home for a third day on the trot.

Still it looks nice...

Brutal snow in Sowerby Bridge - dread to think what it's like up in Queensbury. Xmas do this afternoon and evening in Ripponden - if we can get there

A hlaf hour special programme on BBC1 because it snowed a bit in Basingstoke.

FFS :angry:

It took some people 7 - 9 hours to get home from the office in Farnborough yesterday. I have absolutely no idea why though as the snow was only an inch or so deep! :O

Nearly went into the back of a Freelander today, he slammed his brakes on, on a steep icy hill, I did the same and stopped with a nats c##k hair distant. New brakes required after Xmas I think, I have 2 cm left on my pads before they become ilegal.

Edited by markleeds

It took some people 7 - 9 hours to get home from the office in Farnborough yesterday. I have absolutely no idea why though as the snow was only an inch or so deep! :O

Pub en route?

Found a great way to keep the car windscreen from freezing over...just leave the snow on...great insulation :rolleyes:

I can't explain how bad it was in Basingstoke yesterday - A lad I work with lives in wokingham and slept on our sales floor - there were over a thousand cars abandoned.

I've never seen snow like it I have to say but it just seemed everybody thought at 14:30 that it was time to go home so as not to get snowed in.

I ended up walking into town and getting a very delayed train home so 8 miles took me 2 and 1/2 hours.

Many of my colleagues who live about 10 miles away took 5 hours to get home!!!!

Still - it's allowing me to sledge, er, work from home (I don;t actually own a sledge but have borrowed one)

It was realy slippy here, i couldnt go to get my wheelie bin in, it was too icy underfoot............SO I SENT THE WIFE :D:D:D

I am currently in the Alps and can tell you the reason why the snow causes road chaos in the UK: nobody has snow tyres.

I am currently in the Alps and can tell you the reason why the snow causes road chaos in the UK: nobody has snow tyres.

After speaking with my French colleague yesterday - her family live just south of Paris - I'm never going to believe this "snow causes no problems in foreign" spiel again!

A couple of years before we moved from France to here, Paris was paralysed by a relatively moderate snowfall: thousands were trapped overnight in their cars on the A10 south west of Paris. On the it just looked like Basingstoke yesterday!

Of course, Parisians are France's equivalent to "Southerners" :lol: :lol:

After speaking with my French colleague yesterday - her family live just south of Paris - I'm never going to believe this "snow causes no problems in foreign" spiel again!

The places where it causes no problems are where they have it all the time. I'm sure we would be OK if we spent loads more tax on gritting lorries you don't use for 95% of the year, snow tyres on all cars at about