Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Stone

And then there were 2?

30 posts in this topic

Having seen the weather forcast for the next 5 days i'm not too optimistic about next Sundays game going ahead. The daytime temperature is going to be barely above freezing and there are minus temperatures forcast for the night.

Hopefully next weekend it will warm up a little but if the game is called off that leaves us with only 2 warm up games before the season, not enough to give every player enough game time before the competitive rugby starts.

nowt much we can do about the weather phil. We'll just have to go with what we have.

As much as player prep, losing 2 friendlies is a fair wack of income down the gary glitter we could have done with. Which reminds me, i still haven't got my bloody season ticket yet!

nowt much we can do about the weather phil. We'll just have to go with what we have.

As much as player prep, losing 2 friendlies is a fair wack of income down the gary glitter we could have done with. Which reminds me, i still haven't got my bloody season ticket yet!

no b :P gger has bud! they aint put a price on em yet as far as im aware! ...things move slowllyyyyyyyyy at fevland you shud know that lol

no b :P gger has bud! they aint put a price on em yet as far as im aware! ...things move slowllyyyyyyyyy at fevland you shud know that lol

Thought they said they were

Edited by sidnee

just can't see sunday being on looking at the weather currently and the 5 day forecast. Prospect grim!

just can't see sunday being on looking at the weather currently and the 5 day forecast. Prospect grim!

There's more chance of Colin selling a book of Golden Gamble tickets in Big Fella's! :lol:

According to the Met office long term forecast, this could last for another 3 weeks. It's snowing buckets in FEV at the moment.

According to the Met office long term forecast, this could last for another 3 weeks. It's snowing buckets in FEV at the moment.

We've only got snow in Hemsworth and me oxygen pipes keep freezing I'll spend the son's inheritance on heating I think. I do hope that the weather changes otherwise it will be a difficult start to the season.

Given the current weather and forecasts for the next week or two, I can see the early NRC games being postponed, never mind us starting the season without any game time under our belts.

If this weather continues everybody will be in the same boat. If practice matches are so vital to the coaches maybe they could approach Leeds Rhinos about having a "Millenium Magic" style day at Headingley? Maybe three or four matches could be played on the same day for a single admission fee? There looks to be no chance of any other grounds being fit this weekend, so surely they have enough time to arrange it?

I was a bit gutted about missing the Donny match, especially as a game got played the day after. But now Im back In Las Palmas I can't say I miss the cold. I'll try again in April/May to get over for a game.

are we now going to lose our second friendly? its just typical of british weather, reminds me of winter rugby lol. would it have been played if we had winter season?

err no!

At last Robin, the global warming contingent have got it right. Belated Happy New Year owd lad, to you and the family.

many thanks Bob. Same to you and all of yours!

im right glad i got me and the young un those ticket packages just look at how money ive saxed

Can't see what all the fuss is about, its only a bit of snow :blink:

Can't see what all the fuss is about, its only a bit of snow :blink:

Exactly, further proof that the whole country's gone soft............

Considering that the faculty for public health and the met centre estimate that 2500 will have died due to this arctic blast, i think your post is disgraceful.

Considering that the faculty for public health and the met centre estimate that 2500 will have died due to this arctic blast, i think your post is disgraceful.

Men in grey suits alert! I think it was a joke in the 'why cant they play rugby in 10 inches of snow' tongue in cheek variety. Well over the top response here.

i think what we all need is a rovers game fast because we are definitely scraping the conversation barrel in places on the forum these days.

Edited by Birchy

i think what we all need is a rovers game fast because we are definitely scraping the conversation barrel in places on the forum these days.

Anyone thought of using Twitter for these off topic conversations. It wouldn't take long to establish a group of "Followers" and you could ramble on with complete freedom (provided you stick to 140 character).

Snow use worrying about it. I hope the snow stays until Sunday morning. It will keep the ground warm underneath. Hey Presto- we have a match. I hope.