See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Stone

SL crowd, pack 'em in

10 posts in this topic

A promising 3,688 were at the Twickenham Stoop to watch the Quins' opening day defeat to Wakefield after a closed season of major marketing.

How could we ever compete with crowds like that?

A promising 3,688 were at the Twickenham Stoop to watch the Quins' opening day defeat to Wakefield after a closed season of major marketing.

How could we ever compete with crowds like that?

Crusaders are being "bigged up" at the moment in many quarters for their opening crowd of 10 334 but didn't Fulham alias Harlequins start off with a similiar crowd. It's expansion at any cost.You ask those Wakefield fans whether they would have preferred an atmosphere at Post Office Road or a visit to any unnamed outpost. I know we sound bitter it's only because we are. But we have been made to feel like this by inept leadership for the last fourteen years.

Crusaders are being "bigged up" at the moment in many quarters for their opening crowd of 10 334 but didn't Fulham alias Harlequins start off with a similiar crowd. It's expansion at any cost.You ask those Wakefield fans whether they would have preferred an atmosphere at Post Office Road or a visit to any unnamed outpost. I know we sound bitter it's only because we are. But we have been made to feel like this by inept leadership for the last fourteen years.

I seem to remember they were always generous with free tickets when the TV cameras were about!!

Edited by Heppy

I seem to remember they were always generous with free tickets when the TV cameras were about!!

Good for them. It seems to be working . It's got you talking about them. Perhaps there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Kids got in free at Fev last year and look at our crowds.
But where was our publicity when we drew 6.000 plus for a Northern rail cup game about four years ago and Barrows recent crowd against Wigan in a cup tie. Given the opposition you will always attract a crowd and that should be every clubs right not just a chosen few.

But where was our publicity when we drew 6.000 plus for a Northern rail cup game about four years ago and Barrows recent crowd against Wigan in a cup tie. Given the opposition you will always attract a crowd and that should be every clubs right not just a chosen few.

I don't know the ins and outs of every club, but the difference will have been good & frequent press releases to different media offices.

I don't know the ins and outs of every club, but the difference will have been good & frequent press releases to different media offices.
No the difference is a bias slant on some press releases and a blackout on others.

Or more likely they will get more people reading there papers / online stories with Super League news over us.

Or more likely they will get more people reading there papers / online stories with Super League news over us.

Correct!