Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldrover

question

9 posts in this topic

what with the john terry fiasco and some of our r.l. players making headlines for the wrong reasons, who do you think has the best role models, football or rugby league. i like rugby league players, i like footballers too, but which is better, there's only one way to find out.................FIGHT!

Old Rover, it is fifty years since I last fought in the ring, but I fancy my chances against the soccer players of today.

Are you suggesting a soccer v rugby contest?. We would obviously have to pick all the hookers and scrum halfs. I am willing to hold the handbags of the other lot.

Old Rover, it is fifty years since I last fought in the ring, but I fancy my chances against the soccer players of today.

Are you suggesting a soccer v rugby contest?. We would obviously have to pick all the hookers and scrum halfs. I am willing to hold the handbags of the other lot.

Think he's on about 'Harry Hill TV burp' Bob. If they ever want to know who would win between A and B, he calls FIGHT and choas ensues. :lol:

what with the john terry fiasco and some of our r.l. players making headlines for the wrong reasons, who do you think has the best role models, football or rugby league. i like rugby league players, i like footballers too, but which is better, there's only one way to find out.................FIGHT!

Definately Rugby league players to win, footballers are way to soft in my opinion :lol:

They need to learn to keep it in their trousers :rolleyes:

They need to learn to keep it in their trousers :rolleyes:

The model is equally to blame yet it is Terry who is taking all the flak. That said I have no sympathy whatsoever for him.

I was in a nightclub in Leeds about 5 years ago and saw a confrontation between a Leeds United player and a Rhinos player. Don't want to name names but the Rhinos player got a right hiding before the bouncers split it up.

Isn't it a bit of an over generalisation saying that all footballers are soft? One of the hardest and I mean hard not just with a reputation, was a bloke that some of you may of heard of from the pastures of Thurnscoe, South Yorkhire. Billy Whitehurst. apparently he finished so called hard man Vincent Peter Jones off inside 5 seconds in the Sheff united dressing room, apparently the man was iron and I don't mean in the cockney rhyming sense.

Those were the days when soccer players were built of the right stuff. The likes of Bremner, Dougan, Skinner Normanton and Bobby Smith would have held their own on the rugby field.

Those were the days when soccer players were built of the right stuff. The likes of Bremner, Dougan, Skinner Normanton and Bobby Smith would have held their own on the rugby field.

you missed out drogba bob