Mystery Trip to the Lancashire Area 21st February!

Eagletarian

Oldham Roughyeds have four days to find a new ground so they can start their 2010 home campaign.

The Championship One side moved out of Oldham Athletic's Boundary Park home at the end of last season after their ground-sharing agreement expired.

But they have now been told that they cannot postpone Sunday's home Northern Rail Cup match against Rochdale.

Chairman Chris Hamilton said: "We will be working hard to try and find somewhere else to play the game."

The Hornets had agreed to re-arrange the tie for a new date in March, but the Rugby Football League rejected the idea.

Hamilton, who is currently the RFL's president added: "I am absolutely devastated because we thought we had put a good case but the RFL said it was the club's responsibility to have a ground available on the scheduled date.

"We had hoped to be able to make a formal announcement about the ground before now but unfortunately time has beaten us.

"Fans can rest assured that we are continuing to work tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure that the next scheduled home game against Sheffield Eagles on 21 February will take place at our new home venue."

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

Homeless Oldham have been given permission by the Rugby Football League to use Sedgley Park RU Club for their Northern Rail Cup match against Rochdale Hornets.

The match will played on Monday night because Championship One rivals Swinton are playing on the ground on Sunday.

The Roughyeds' ground-sharing agreement with Oldham Athletic to use Boundary Park expired at the end of last season and they have yet to secure a new home in the borough.

They were refused permission to postpone their opening home game and were forced to ditch plans to stage it at Mayfield Sports Centre in Rochdale because of safety issues.

"It's been a traumatic couple of days but at the Roughyeds we are used to crisis management and we intend to turn this into a positive in the hope of getting a decent crowd," said chairman Chris Hamilton.

Old news I'm afraid Eagletarian! Ground was sorted before you posted! BBC Sport isn't the best place to get your breaking RL News!!!

Edited by running-eagle

Power beyond comprehension...

Nobody else had mentioned it, so it has now been flagged up and supporters know where to go to now, so thanks Eagletarian.

So a traumatic trip to Sedgeley Park after work on the M62 which is not one of the best motorways for tea-time traffic..... remember the last mid-week trip (on a Tuesday) in the snow in the Challenge Cup v Swinton at this time of year ?

Oh such wonderful Cup games........

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

So a traumatic trip to Sedgeley Park after work on the M62 which is not one of the best motorways for tea-time traffic..... remember the last mid-week trip (on a Tuesday) in the snow in the Challenge Cup v Swinton at this time of year ?

Unlike you to make bold speculations around traffic conditions? Someone will be on here from the Highways Agency chastising you shortly.....

Nobody else had mentioned it, so it has now been flagged up and supporters know where to go to now, so thanks Eagletarian.

Oh such wonderful Cup games........

The coldest I've ever been at a rugby match!

card.png

Further research reveals that Sedgley Tigers are thoughtlessly at home on Saturday. Friday's obviously out, so, if I were you, I'd make sure I could finish work early on the Monday. ;)

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Further research reveals that Sedgley Tigers are thoughtlessly at home on Saturday. Friday's obviously out, so, if I were you, I'd make sure I could finish work early on the Monday. ;)

Obviously doesn't apply to you, ESO. :happy:

It was boiling compared to Watersheddings in January 1996.

You won't remember ESO. ;)

Yeah, it was bloody cold that day, Griff, but I once remember going to watch Batley play our friends the Dons, at Mount Pleasant, and it was so cold, my pen nearly froze to my hand B)B)

Yeah, it was bloody cold that day, Griff, but I once remember going to watch Batley play our friends the Dons, at Mount Pleasant, and it was so cold, my pen nearly froze to my hand B)B)

Ah - only nearly though.

I still reckon the Hunslet match at DVS last season is in contention with the pitch freezing during the game... the skin split on my knuckles whilst working pitchside and trying to keep notes for the PA announcements was a trifle hardwork

Watersheddings was NEVER warm !!! but it was (or appeared to be) always windy.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

Oldham is a rugby league hotbed and the state of their professional club is a disgrace. From being a strong club with their own ground there's been a gradual descent into a situation where they can't find anywhere to play in their own borough.

Selling the ground, putting their faith in the council and a football club and serial mismanagement. It can only be rugby league.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

The one at DVS last year where the pitch froze was unbearably cold, I still think that Swinton game was slightly colder though. I remember going to Burnley 3/4 years ago to watch Wednesday, it must have been about -7 or something ridiculous, and Tango was stood there as always bare chested, I don't care what he says, he MUST have been cold!

It was boiling compared to Watersheddings in January 1996.

You won't remember ESO. ;)

Correct, I'd have only been three.

Obviously doesn't apply to you, ESO. :happy:

It will do soon if my Mother has owt to do with it! :lol:

I have a late finish at college on Mondays though so that would be a bit of an inconvenience.

why don't you give it a b***** rest.......you are boringly unfunny

Irony alert.

card.png

Swinton Lions play Widnes Vikings at Sedgeley Park on Sunday 21st February, and as primary tennants, will presumably have first call on the ground, so unless the Eagles game is to be played elsewhere, I'm assuming it will be played midweek. :huh::huh:

Double header anyone?

We manage to play 3 games on the same day at Murrayfield and Warrington. Why not 2 at Swinton? KO at either 12:00 or 18:00.

Sounds like Marty heaven!

Double header anyone?

We manage to play 3 games on the same day at Murrayfield and Warrington. Why not 2 at Swinton? KO at either 12:00 or 18:00.

Sounds like Marty heaven!

Yeah I'd go for that, I quite like Swinton (the team that is, not particularly the ground). Although I've now managed four games in a day, thanks to the Magic weekend. :lol::lol: