Leigh bolster squad ahead of sunday

Rarefrith

The Barrow forum has an excellent debate going on about dual registration. IMO it's the thin end of the wedge to feeder clubs. And yes i know we've signed Coady on these terms.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

They've signed Matty Blythe, Lee Mitchell and Tyrone McCarthy from Warrington and Jacob Emmit from St Helens on dual contracts!!! Not great news for us, if we don't win on sunday we're all but out!!

We could lose Sun and still qualify, if we beat Hunslet and Rochdale thats 6 points on top of the 2 we already have pick a bonus up at Leigh and i reckon 9 would be enough

We could lose Sun and still qualify, if we beat Hunslet and Rochdale thats 6 points on top of the 2 we already have pick a bonus up at Leigh and i reckon 9 would be enough

Problem is Suggy, Hunslet, Halifax and Dewsbury play the bottom three teams and are almost sure to win. If as you say we get a bonus point we may still have a chance. I can see us having to go to Hunslet and win by a shed load of points to qualify.

class innit this draw business, we get 3 very tough matches out of 4 and none of them (home matches) have any following to even make a few quid out of this competition. could stumble out of the tournament at the group stages and pay more out in wages than income from gates.......... then again some teams get 3 bankers (at least) out of their 4 games

No sarcy replies necessary just venting my spleen(sp?

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

class innit this draw business, we get 3 very tough matches out of 4 and none of them (home matches) have any following to even make a few quid out of this competition. could stumble out of the tournament at the group stages and pay more out in wages than income from gates.......... then again some teams get 3 bankers (at least) out of their 4 games

No sarcy replies necessary just venting my spleen(sp?

Isn't that known as the luck of the draw; some are far easier than others

We're an optimistic lot aren't we? :rolleyes:

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Jesus were meant to be a team going for trophies arent we and were moaning about having to play teams 3 of which should have been in CC1. Maybe they have given us Gatehead, Workinton and Rochdale - oh wait they did.

Those players signed by Leigh are all excellent and will strengthen them considerably. It will certainly be tough but we will pay the price for not being clinical against sheffield at home. We should be looking to beat Leigh really and if we play to our potential Im sure we can, would rather have played em last week though!!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Isn't that known as the luck of the draw; some are far easier than others

We're an optimistic lot aren't we? :rolleyes:

Nowt to do with optimistic or pessimistic, just an honest assessment of our position as i see it. Other people will have other ideas.

On paper I cant see us losing this one. Sheffield are a very hard team to beat anytime and for much of that match we were the better team. They are the sort of team that forces you into errors and make things difficult, without doing anything spectacular themseleves. This coupled with a slight lack of sharpness cost us a point against a good team. Not the end of the world.

I cant see Leigh posing the same problems as Sheffield and if we click, we should be comfortable winners.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

Jesus were meant to be a team going for trophies arent we and were moaning about having to play teams 3 of which should have been in CC1. Maybe they have given us Gatehead, Workinton and Rochdale - oh wait they did.

Those players signed by Leigh are all excellent and will strengthen them considerably. It will certainly be tough but we will pay the price for not being clinical against sheffield at home. We should be looking to beat Leigh really and if we play to our potential Im sure we can, would rather have played em last week though!!

I agree PSF, the draw really isn't that important if you have ambition to win the trophy. I think we are well capable of beating Leigh, if we have the amount of possession that we did against Sheff we will win. My only point is the dropped point to Sheff coupled with the other results has left us vulnerable. I believe we need to win all three games to qualify.

This dual contract system is a farce, (Yes I know we've got Coady). I can see it getting to the stage when a club has a big match they will call on their Super League palls and borrow a couple of star players on short term dual contract, just to make sure they win the game. What chance will a club with a tight budget have. Make me sick just the thought of it.

If the discipline is sorted out for Sunday and we don't give daft penalties away, I can't see us losing. This is based on the way we were pinning Sheffield back near their own line, they could only get upfield with the aid of penalties, and the ease in which we were moving upfield, particulary with Tommy Saxton's jinking runs from acting-half.