Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rarefrith

Featherstone Rovers Text Message Service

12 posts in this topic

How many people would be interested in the above? Either pay as you go or a quarterly direct debit fee as some football clubs successfully use this service?

The service could include things such as

* Team line ups

* Tries scored

* Half time scores

* Full time scores

* Red Cards

* Travel and ticket information

* Breaking news from the club and all transfers in and out

the way the tom tom drums work i virtually get that anyway! Lol!

Sounds like a good idea to me.... dependant on cost of course! :rolleyes:

How many people would be interested in the above? Either pay as you go or a quarterly direct debit fee as some football clubs successfully use this service?

The service could include things such as

* Team line ups

* Tries scored

* Half time scores

* Full time scores

* Red Cards

* Travel and ticket information

* Breaking news from the club and all transfers in and out

Not sure if there would be enough demand for such a service to make it worthwhile. Breaking news would be decent but if you're online then you get stuff pretty quick. Also, most of the time news directly from the club is normally way behind unnofficial gossip ;)

Team line ups, tries scored, etc are good if you're away on holiday or can't get to the game but if you're at the game they can be a bit annoying.

I was on a similar service for Spurs for a few months and found it a waste of money.

I was on a similar service for Spurs for a few months and found it a waste of money.

you took the words right outta me mouth :D

you took the words right outta me mouth :D

Haha, I'll give you that one Sportbilly.

Got value for money last Wednesday evening being locked in for 45 minutes after the game so the Leeds lot could settle down ;)

Haha, I'll give you that one Sportbilly.

Got value for money last Wednesday evening being locked in for 45 minutes after the game so the Leeds lot could settle down ;)

if i'd have spotted ya from the upper east i would have waved.........well a sort of wave :rolleyes:

if i'd have spotted ya from the upper east i would have waved.........well a sort of wave :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I got a few special waves in first.

Upper East..... hope you took a duster to remove all the cobwebs with it only being open when proper teams come to town.

I don't get to every game and struggle to get match reports and results. Put me down very good idea.

Don't worry, I got a few special waves in first.

Upper East..... hope you took a duster to remove all the cobwebs with it only being open when proper teams come to town.

Proper teams, what like spurs who couldn't sell their allocation of tickets and sent 1800 back. Hope your old enough to remember Spurs being champions, you must been knocking on if you do!!

Proper teams, what like spurs who couldn't sell their allocation of tickets and sent 1800 back. Hope your old enough to remember Spurs being champions, you must been knocking on if you do!!

I actually thought taking 3,000 to a game live on the TV, midweek with no trains back to London afterwards against lower league opposition wasn't that bad. Today, over 4,500 went to Bolton out of a 4,800 allocation, not bad really!

As for seeing Spurs win the league, no I haven't. Same as I've never seen Fev win a league title! Seen us win the FA Cup, League Cup twice and never seen my team get relegated so I'm more than happy with who I support. Thanks for your concern though.

Anyway, back to the main topic (before the thread gets locked!) and Fev (who by the looks of things are more of a concern than either Leeds or Spurs :D !!) then I'm still not sure whether it would be a worthwhile venture, just can't see enough demand to generate sufficient profit.

Phone would have been busy this afternoon though :lol: