Food and drink thread

I provided the ingredients for a sausage fest on Saturday night.

We had:

Caramelised red onion sausage rolls

Lincolnshire sausagemosas

Barbecued chipolata pork & leek and apple & cider

Bangers and mash, onion gravy, red cabbage using cumberland sausages

Jalapeño sausage meatballs in a putanesque sauce with spaghetti

Traditional sausage sliced into a nutmeg pilaff.

Washed down with lots of local red wine.

Followed by bread & butter pudding, lemon and orange drizzle cake, cheesecake, and tarte tatin.

I was a bit full afterwards....

I provided the ingredients for a sausage fest on Saturday night.

We had:

Caramelised red onion sausage rolls

Lincolnshire sausagemosas

Barbecued chipolata pork & leek and apple & cider

Bangers and mash, onion gravy, red cabbage using cumberland sausages

Jalapeño sausage meatballs in a putanesque sauce with spaghetti

Traditional sausage sliced into a nutmeg pilaff.

Washed down with lots of local red wine.

Followed by bread & butter pudding, lemon and orange drizzle cake, cheesecake, and tarte tatin.

I was a bit full afterwards....

kill him

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

From the Awfully Posh Snack Company, chilli pork scratchings. Tasty and not too hot, but most importantly, proper scratchings, not the dry puffed pork rind you sometimes get which is always disappointing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Food Glorious Food is a bit naff.

I saw a clip, and didn't bother with the programme. Simon Cowell doing to food programmes what he's already done to music.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

I was up in the glitzy consumer paradise that is Colindale High Street the other day, purchasing (amongst other things) these. Other wasabi nuts just ain't got the right stuff, but these are tasty as hell (and will clear your sinuses sharpish too). Standard warning about handling the old chap after eating these applies.

wasabipeanut2010.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Just placed an order with Virgin Wines:

Perez Cruz Winemaker's Selection 2010 (Blend)
Tabali Reserve Limari 2007 (Syrah)
Don Antonio Catamarca 2012 (Torrontes/Sauvignon Blanc)
Pax Verbatim Rockwater Fountain 2009 (Viognier)
Zinification Shiraz 2011 (Zinfandel)
La Multa Muciana Old Vine 2010 (Monastrell)
Reina Mora Special Selection 2011 (Viognier/Chardonnay)
Finca Beltran De Autor 2010 (Caladoc)
The Intrepid Bear 2011 (Cabernet Franc)
Novas Winemakers Selection Cachapoal 2005 (Syrah/Mourvedre)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Loads of good offers in Morrisons this week.

It's quite apparent that a fair few of them apply to beef-based products.

Presumably it's the same at other supermarkets.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, yes, file it under so wrong but so right.......

...not one, but two fray bentos pies about to head tummy wards.   B)

That might just be a brief stopping off point before rushing towards it's intended destination.

There's a new(-ish) cooking programme on Good Food called Secret Meat Business with an Australian chef called Adrian Richardson.

I'm not entirely sure what it is about him, but it took less than 10 minutes to despise him more than anyone I've seen on tv! Ever!

We're curry fanatics at our house and Mulaco - near Mount Pleasant is a good source of ingredients. However,I was informed on Saturday by an Asian lady on the checkout at our local Morrisons that Morrisons at Thornbury is the place to go for competitvely prices Asian food specialities.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

We're curry fanatics at our house and Mulaco - near Mount Pleasant is a good source of ingredients. However,I was informed on Saturday by an Asian lady on the checkout at our local Morrisons that Morrisons at Thornbury is the place to go for competitvely prices Asian food specialities.

Is that Thornbury, Bradford? Not far from the headquarters.

I got 4 naga chillies for a quid from Otley market, they're only small though, about the size of the top of a thumb. And not the bigger ones seen elsewhere, which are around the size of a full thumb. I fried one up and was a little disappointed. So I think I may put the other 3 in a slap-dash homemade chilli sauce. Raw.

Edited by hindle xiii

Did Cannelloni last night for three of us using a serves 4 recipe, it all got eaten, even my 4yo was asking for more.<br /><br />(Managed to get Minced pork & fresh Chicken livers for it at the same butchers on the day I wanted them, and fresh spinach next door)

Did Cannelloni last night for three of us using a serves 4 recipe, it all got eaten, even my 4yo was asking for more.<br /><br />(Managed to get Minced pork & fresh Chicken livers for it at the same butchers on the day I wanted them, and fresh spinach next door)

But did you make your own pasta?!

But did you make your own pasta?!

I've never made pasta; I enjoy cooking (and eating), but that's just over that tipping point of "too much faff". It's something I might do once, but not make a habit of.

Ralph Waldo Emerson