Followers 0
Stratobill

Featherstone V Batley

Who Do You Think Will Win    47 members have voted

1. 1. A Win Or Draw

• Featherstone Rovers
    • Batley Bulldogs
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

Thanks for that GFDU , but we are quite happy to start games as under dogs :D , and listening to the `if we cant beat teams like batley quotes ;)

Haven't read that quote on here and you certainly won't hear it from me. I've got us to win by one score and thats only because of home advantage. I still think we are vulnerable to a side who turn up with a very basic game plan and stick to it. Just like Sheffield.

I am only person that thinks hicks is one of the better referees in our division. Last time he had us was in toulouse and i thought he handled the game well, my opinion of him has grown over past 2 seasons.

Anyway the game, gonna be tough, great atmosphere cos batley generally bring a few hundred, always need to start strong and i feel powell will give them a stern talk before match about set completions etc.

So ill go with:

Fev 28

Batlet 24

Attendance: 2076

MOM: Kain: time for him to have a stormer

ROLL ON SUNDAY!!!!!

oh and a note for the cold and snow: **** off :lol:

Robert Hicks is definately a lancastrian, I spoke to him at a local amateur game, he follows Saddleworth Rangers.

Hope for a good game, good banter and a fair result.

feth 34

batley 38

I have not witnessed a poor game at post office road and both clubs have the up most respect for the competition

Now the Mickey Mouse has gone we can seriously focus on the Championship. Whilst I do feel Batley are playing well I also feel that we have had 'teething problems' and I can see us coming good at the weekend. We played some good sets Tuesday night ( I know against a poorer side, albeit in terrible conditions) but we are better than how we have being performing. Its not an excuse but the weather has thrown the fixtures of late which can really affect how players prepare for games We are a good side and good sides don't become bad overnight. I have every faith in coach Powell and I can see us winning this one with 14.

Fev 26

Batley 12

Attendance 1645

Come on the boys :P

According to the Yep news Daryl has dropped both our overseas stars. I thought they looked a class above on Tuesday night and this was confirmed by others who have seen them play in the reserves. Lets keep our faith in the coach and see wot happens in Sundays game. I wonder what he is saving them for, or maybe they are not fully match fit, they both looked as they had lots of energy so only time will tell. Bring on the Dogs !

Hardman try hocked by Briggs 6 -0

Dale try converted also 12 nil

O wen the Fev go steaming in -Welham try converted by Briggs. Fev totally dominant n now Batley gettin dirty .Try time again by Steel . O i bet all u miserable lot that cant b bothered turning up regret it now fev 24-0 .touchi line goal by Briggs

O wen the Fev go steaming in -Welham try converted by Briggs. Fev totally dominant n now Batley gettin dirty .Try time again by Steel . O i bet all u miserable lot that cant b bothered turning up regret it now fev 24-0 .touchi line goal by Briggs

24-6 att 1353 16mins to go Mr Hicks is trying his best to get them back into the game

2nd try t Steel ,fantastic 2nd touch line conversion by Briggs Fev 30-6

Batley try after 2 more penalties and he was on his back but Mr Hicks gives the try 30 - 10 2mins to go

final score 36 -10 MoM Liam Finn.excellent performance

Dark horses my ar*e...not on todays evidence, very quick exit by batley fans also, even the 20 Rochdale fans stayed longer and clapped off their team

Looks like it will be a long hard season at Keighley as Widnes put 72 past them today. Toulouse close win against Dewsbury gives them a good start also. Fev 2nd in league so well happy , at last we have a good promising start to the season. Lets hope we carry on the same way ,cant see why not after todays team display.

Lets hope we stay 2nd in the league all season.

Lots of very hard games ahead but cant see why we cant have a successful season IF we can stay consistent and show the same commitment as Sunday.