Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob Hemmi

Liam Finn

11 posts in this topic

Pleases please please dp, don't move him from half back!! Looked a different team with Finn running things. Kainy can go hooker, be better that way I'm sure

People around me were complaining about his passes back inside, but this created room for when he did throw it out wide. His kicking was great also.

Best combo at half back would be Kain / Finn IMHO

Best combo at half back would be Kain / Finn IMHO

With Briggs moving to Loose Forward in a Saints style Martin-Long-Sculthorpe combination?

No, Field at loose for me

With Briggs moving to Loose Forward in a Saints style Martin-Long-Sculthorpe combination?

Briggs has shown nothing for me this season so far, apart from being Leigh's best player last Sunday. Think a Kain/Finn partnership with Lee at 9 could work. Or Finn/Jessie Joe with Kain/Lee at 9 if Jessie Joe's performances in the reserves have been as good as I've heard.

I agree about Finn, but also thought Dobek played very well at hooker. Nice to have some selction headaches across the team!! :D

In my opinion we are a different team with Field at loose forward. He provides leadership in the forwards and should be the first name on the sheet in the pack.

Finn was MoM for me last night, he is certainly a better player than in his first spell and will start most games at Scrum Half or Hooker.

I like Dobek at hooker, his timing of the pass to get things moving is excellent and Lee coming off the bench challenges the opposition.

The bench is important nowadays and I think Jesse on there adds cover for for centre, Stand-off and Back Row, along with two props and Lee gives a lot of options.

One think is for sure... Jesse, Kain, Lee, Dobek, Briggs and Finn cannot all start - so it is a nice problem to have.

we played some bloody good rugby when dobek went to half back too..

Liam Finn was the best player by far last night and his kicking game was fantastic...........Roll on Sunday!

Edited by K.Loxton

If dp puts everyone back in on Sunday who he 'rested' last night, and we perform like we did at leigh then questions will be asked again why he's changing things. So I can't see him changing too much and risking looking a t*t for changing a winning team, even if the opposition were pretty poor.