Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil Stone

World Cup 2013

5 posts in this topic

Interesting quotes from Lewis.

Has the penny finally dropped, even if it just for the international matches?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8537381.stm

if they want it to be a success, i suggest they keep it in Australia where they know how to organise these events. i'm surprised the people running the rfl carry any weight with the international board with their track record. look how desperate they are, trying to fill elland road for the world club challenge. they have killed live support for the international game, most of the supporters in this country will be watching it on telly, which is the culture the rfl has developed. there are a lot of people who support championship clubs, who feel no affinity with the national team whatsoever. i for one, couldn't care less.

I agree. I used to go watch the touring Aussie team when they played league clubs then go to the internationals. I haven't been since SL was introduced and have no intention of doing so.

Ah well, never mind, France might be strong when the tournament comes around and if they are, regardless of what England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales do the RFL will be happy.

Big fellas stadium......world cup venue?

for some of the smaller matches

Big fellas stadium......world cup venue?

for some of the smaller matches

I recall seeing a couple of international matches in the 90s at Post Office Road.I think one of them was Scotland because i remember Alan Tait playing.