toulouse

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he would be honoured.

presumably you will be maaking the same insinuations about his honsewsty should the eventuality arsie

I have already told you my remarks were not aimed at him. Please let the message penetrate or are YOU calling me a liar. If he wants to talk face to face bring him on.

2 years ago the championship teams agreed to allow toulouse into camp on condition they wern`t allowed to take the guaranteed place for a qualifying champ side on the next round of super league franchise,even if they won a grand final place they cant throw their hat in the ring for this guaranteed position.If the rl decide to exit more than one sl side toulouse can apply for a licence based in france like any other french club, they havn`t any advantage over any other french side.The rfl would then have to decide if they wanted another french side infront of say widnes or halifax,if only one sl side comes out they cant even apply.

these are not my words but those of someone who should know , if you get my drift .

I have already told you my remarks were not aimed at him. Please let the message penetrate or are YOU calling me a liar. If he wants to talk face to face bring him on.

Mr Ledger is head of media at the RFL. It is with him that the buck stops, why would you want to aim remarks about a foul up by the RFL's media department at anyone else but him?

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

2 years ago the championship teams agreed to allow toulouse into camp on condition they wern`t allowed to take the guaranteed place for a qualifying champ side on the next round of super league franchise,even if they won a grand final place they cant throw their hat in the ring for this guaranteed position.If the rl decide to exit more than one sl side toulouse can apply for a licence based in france like any other french club, they havn`t any advantage over any other french side.The rfl would then have to decide if they wanted another french side infront of say widnes or halifax,if only one sl side comes out they cant even apply.

these are not my words but those of someone who should know , if you get my drift .

They could always apply for a SL franchise and be based in South Wales!

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

Mr Ledger is head of media at the RFL. It is with him that the buck stops, why would you want to aim remarks about a foul up by the RFL's media department at anyone else but him?

Didn't know he was involved. My remarks I repeat were aimed at the original statement from the RFL as shown by Mike Rylance. Get with it. Not just the interpretation you would like to show Ledger is a friend. I also am a Fev supporter that has done good for FEV. I can obtain people to vouch for my integrity. So what.

Didn't know he was involved. My remarks I repeat were aimed at the original statement from the RFL as shown by Mike Rylance. Get with it. Not just the interpretation you would like to show Ledger is a friend. I also am a Fev supporter that has done good for FEV. I can obtain people to vouch for my integrity. So what.

see my post of 7.04 pm yesterday and of 8.52 the same day, which you replied to: get with it.

the whole pint of posting on this 'forum' was to provide first hand information that I had obtained from ledger, so that people would be aware of the fact that the story about Toulouse was untrue

Keeping it local

see my post of 7.04 pm yesterday and of 8.52 the same day, which you replied to: get with it.

the whole pint of posting on this 'forum' was to provide first hand information that I had obtained from ledger, so that people would be aware of the fact that the story about Toulouse was untrue

Yet again "l'angelo mysterioso" posting on this "forum" has led to a slanging match.

Yet again "its nothing to do with me.... I'm just doing this, I'm just doing that"

How many posts of your nearly 25,000 have led to threads being locked on these forums?

You'd think after nearly 25,000 posts rowing about silly points you'd get the message as would the League Express.

Maybe now you might start thinking its "me" not "them" being daft.

so Toulouse can get into SL without a GF then? No they can't.

somebody messed up through poor communication. people mess up

Thing Is Chris the people at RedHall have a long history of "Messing Up" and only really admit to things when they are caught out.

I have no doubt in my mind that Toulouse believe that they did not have to win a GF and I have no doubt it was someone at Red Hall that told them.

Read Terry's post again, " A senior official confirmed this to be true "

what more do you want - are you so naive to believe that the RFL are not capable of this , because every other RL fan knows they are

frankslater1copy.jpg

Thing Is Chris the people at RedHall have a long history of "Messing Up" and only really admit to things when they are caught out.

I have no doubt in my mind that Toulouse believe that they did not have to win a GF and I have no doubt it was someone at Red Hall that told them.

Read Terry's post again, " A senior official confirmed this to be true "

what more do you want - are you so naive to believe that the RFL are not capable of this , because every other RL fan knows they are

Frank,

thank you for a civil response. I read the story in LE and it seemed odd to me. I rang the head of media at the RFL: John Ledger, as I said it's his department and the buck stops with him, so he was the person to talk to. I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, not rumour, not hysteria.

John told me that Toulouse would have to qualify via a GF same as other clubs, and that there were conditions that Olympique had to fulfil over and above what UK clubs had to fulfil. I asked him how the story had come about and he mentioned issues regarding translation.

I've known John for years. I like him and believe him not to be a liar. If that is being naive, then I'm happy to be naive.

All I did was try to be helpful to people who were concerned about the story. I don't take part in what passes for discussion on this 'forum', but do pass on information from time to time: the last time was to dispel a rumour about the club's matchday programme, same with this.

I'll know better in future. I didn't have to bother and now wish I hadn't.

regards,

Chris W.

Keeping it local

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

The forum has reverted to DefCom 1. The word TRANSLATION has been detected in a post.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I've known John for years. I like him and believe him not to be a liar. If that is being naive, then I'm happy to be naive.

I've known John for many years too Chris and can back up your appraisal of the man, he's a true gent, great friend and RL through and through. My only crit of him is his taste in fashion but he's a reporter and you guys always dress wierd! I certainly don't think he would be behind anything unethical or underhand.

I've known John for many years too Chris and can back up your appraisal of the man, he's a true gent, great friend and RL through and through. My only crit of him is his taste in fashion but he's a reporter and you guys always dress wierd! I certainly don't think he would be behind anything unethical or underhand.

But who said he was? I made a point about the circumstances as I saw it and was accused of calling him a liar. Nobody to my mind has done that. The hysteria came from another quarter demanding I spoke to him face to face which I am happy to do. A=mistake has been made by the RTFL and it really amopunts to incompetence not a question of ethics.