Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vic Johnson

More Hunslet

3 posts in this topic

What I don't understand, and I'm sure you will put me right, is why Hunslet put out such a weak team. Surely. if they had fielded the first team and got some points on the board, that would serve them well later on in the NRC rounds. They could field the same team on Saturday and probably see Leigh thingy off anyway. They have more chance of getting through to the NRC than the Challenge Cup. Or is it all to do with crowd numbers? If I was a Hunslet supporter and had paid good money to watch that match I would have been a bit miffed.

What I don't understand, and I'm sure you will put me right, is why Hunslet put out such a weak team. Surely. if they had fielded the first team and got some points on the board, that would serve them well later on in the NRC rounds. They could field the same team on Saturday and probably see Leigh thingy off anyway. They have more chance of getting through to the NRC than the Challenge Cup. Or is it all to do with crowd numbers? If I was a Hunslet supporter and had paid good money to watch that match I would have been a bit miffed.

Check out their forum, they were.

Surprising to see so few of their ex-Fev contingent playing on Thursday.

It's difficult to understand coaches. I can't understand why we didn't field our strongest side against Leigh, when we had Rochdale coming up the following week-surely that was the time to try new combinations. It was the Bonus Point we didn't get at Leigh that cost us just as much as the draw against Sheffield.