so then....

Robin  Evans

Given that myself and the majority of us that went of the nut bus jolly up yesterday would have taken the bonus point, only to find that Prouty was indeed correct and we were better than that, sort of begs the question...

"Are we the real deal this year"????

Little Gaz said to me at half time (the first half flew by BTW), "we are so much in control they don't look like crossing our line, and barring a damned unlucky slip - they would have been nilled!!

Dare we feel "this is it"?? If you could sell the feeling I have this morning I'd make millions!!

I am a very cautious soul, but even I am feeling that this winning mentality the lads appear to have is becoming very infectious!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Talking last night (at the wedding not the match unfortunately) and the feeling we had is we're good enough that anywhere from 1st to 4th is both possible and likely. But let's face it the comp is won in august and september and we now have to back this up with consistency.

Roll on next Sunday

i think its still too early to say, were better asking these questions midway through the season when weve just about played all the teams we will probably have a better indication of where we are at, anything above last years finish will be an improvement

That said on the fax forum they believe we have joined the party now and its a 4 horse race

Edited by elppaxr2i

Its a difficult one this Robin.

You were outstanding last night, of that there is no questioning. Barrow were dire at best (although I think that was down to Fev's defence). Can you do it consistently ? that is the question.

On paper we should have won comfortably last night - But that is why I love Rugby League. I have always been a big believer that regardless of skill levels and reputations, the team who wants it more will usually end up with the result they want.

Fev last night were outstanding. I actually had to tell a Barrow supporter to shut up moaning about offside and explain that your line speed was what was giving the illusion of offside. No complaints about the ref from me, he got most calls bang on and only gave 1 or 2 poor decisions (for both sides). Ian Smith didn't knock on, head tackle, stray offside or kick the ball directly into touch did he ? We gave you far to much field position and when you give that away to a side playing as well as you lot then that is suicide end of.

I actually had the same conversation with the people around me as you had with 'little Gaz'. Fev controlled the game and apart from 10 mins after half time when we managed to get a couple of repeat sets we didn't look interested. Delusions of Grandeur maybe ??

Good luck for the rest of the season. On last nights display you may be inline for a season to remember.

Edited by gary high

"On paper we should have won comfortably last night - But that is why I love Rugby League. I have always been a big believer that regardless of skill levels and reputations, the team who wants it more will usually end up with the result they want."

you make a good point gary but i have to spout that age old anology rugby is played on grass not paper my mate.

personaly i do think its the coach he is a 1 trick pony McCormack 5 up the middle and a kick to the corner.......

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010