We're so lucky!

Vic Johnson

According to the 'League Express' and the 'League weekly' we are most fortunate that we played a 'depleted' Halifax side, an injury driven Barrow and an 'off week' Whitehaven. I thought it was because we were a better team! Then again what do I know?

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

Ignore all that nonsense and enjoy yourselves. You are obviously playing great rugby at the moment and credit should be given for that.

Not all teams were injury hit, jet-lagged, off form, still gelling etc etc when you played them. I for one am delighted you are beating the others (with the exception of Batley, who were injury hit, jet-lagged, off form and still gelling!!!) and hope you enjoy success this season.

Ignore all that nonsense and enjoy yourselves. You are obviously playing great rugby at the moment and credit should be given for that.

Not all teams were injury hit, jet-lagged, off form, still gelling etc etc when you played them. I for one am delighted you are beating the others (with the exception of Batley, who were injury hit, jet-lagged, off form and still gelling!!!) and hope you enjoy success this season.

Cheers, :)

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

it matters not what is written in the papers. As long as we keep turning teams over, i'll live with whatever excuse is proliferated by those teams or the press.

To be fair, it's more of a press thing. Whilst we all know things can change, most teams have acknowledged that rovers are on fire at the mo.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Don't you think it's because they might be a little bit frightened?

Obviously Fev don't fit into any future plans for SL, neither this time or in three years!

But if they start winning things, sell some land to build a new stadium, and still be left with millions in the bank, they will be very hard to ignore, especially in a climate where you are never sure that all the teams in a competition will be financially stable enough to complete all their fixtures.

Edited by Steve Slater

lol it makes you wonder who actually makes these statements credit where credits due to say barrow were injury ravaged is laughable fev outplayed barrow with your coach getting your teams tactics right on the night and the players stuck to his game plan, defensively fev look a different team this year compared to the one that barrow took apart in the league encounters at barrow and fev,i have no doubt there will be lots of surprises this season so savour the high points (like your having now) and enjoy the rest of the season i wouldnt like to predict who will make the grand final this season as well as the nrc final which to me is brilliant for the fans and also alot more entertaining than super league good luck for the rest of the season (apart from when barrow travel to your place)

According to the 'League Express' and the 'League weekly' we are most fortunate that we played a 'depleted' Halifax side, an injury driven Barrow and an 'off week' Whitehaven. I thought it was because we were a better team! Then again what do I know?

It's all tripe vic..... the barrow report was written by a barrow fan clearly, it was all about them and how unlucky they were that luisi had to play stand off.... barrow fans on the other hand had nothing but praise for our players and gameplan.

We smash Fax to pieces and calland says our defence isn't that good, all their fans say we only won cos calland is still coach and Leigh fans still say we're in a false position.

Let the league express say what they like, i backed fev at 10 to one to win the league this year and had 100 on it, if i win i'll send em a donation to get some decent unbiased reporters on board

Lets just savour our form and hope it continues.

This should cheer us all up......... the last 8 matches form

played 8 won 8

tries 68 conceded 11

goals 62 conceded 7

Points 392 conceded 58

League position TOP

Looks like we might not be that bad after all :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also if we're not playing well someone's in for a real battering when we do

Edited by Paul Gibbins

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Thinking about it, they're right, aren't they?

We're not that good. It's just the opposition is rubbish.

In fact, we're pretty ordinary really.

Im hoping we're really ordinary again at Sheffield on Sunday, and Im hoping the Eagles play as rubbish as Halifax, Haven, Barrow, etc. That way we'll get another win we don't really deserve to keep us in our artificial position at the top of the table.

Let's hope the opposition keep up their slightly-more-mediocre-than-us form all season long......

I believe Featherstone doing well sticks in the throat of a lot of media types. It always seems to me we are patronised slightly as being "an old traditional club" that we look back on fondly but not one we envisage being in Super League in the 21st century.

The club has developed in leaps and bounds over the past few years, on and off the field. Let's keep on believing, increasing the crowd base and people will be forced to take notice eventually. Until then being slightly under the radar can only help if other teams underestimate us. :rolleyes:

Let 'em keep believing the myth that we are lucky. That way, when struggling teams like Cas sack their coach, they don't come sniffing round here for our coach and players. Let's stay lucky, like Gary Player, who famously said "Sure I'm lucky, and the more I practise the luckier I get"

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

:lol: , they can be as injury hit or whatever as much as they like, but are lads can only beat whats infront of them and weve done that every week and done it well. its a long hard season and teams will improve but weve beaten whats infront of us and if we carry on like we are we will take some beating.

If Leigh fans think their team is better than ours just because they beat us in the NRC, does this make York the best team outside Super League, cos they beat Leigh? No, of course it doesn't..... And bye the way, it was a weakened Rovers side that Leigh played on that day, not due to injuries, but due to the fact they lost to York our coach underestimated them and thought he could afford to rest key players.

Meanwhile, if these idiots can fool the bookies into thinking we are in a false position, we might get good odds when we play Leigh and Widnes in a few weeks time....But then again, the bookies aren't that stupid!

This weeks League Express shows everyone just how lucky we are: I'd have to agree we're incredibly fortunate to have the majority of the Championships top try scorers and the highest point scorer in the league too ;)

Set of jammy so and so's we are :lol:

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

Probably, those are the explanations given by their coaches to their directors.

Being the best team outside of SL you won't get any arguments from Town fans that's for sure.

Mind you, you were lucky to score 74 against us. :lol::lol::lol:

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Being the best team outside of SL you won't get any arguments from Town fans that's for sure.

Mind you, you were lucky to score 74 against us. :lol::lol::lol:

Yes Keith but a proud club like yours will have its day again. What goes around always comes around and that includes all clubs. We at Fev very rarely gloat we just stick out our chests with pride. And at the mo are relishing in a bit of form ,may it last for the season. GOOD LUCK to your team.

If we are lucky to be were we are,then we are not the only ones,so far we have beaten BATLEY,dewsbury,WHITEHAVEN,BARROW and HALIFAX,Leigh have drawn with BARROW,beaten WHITEHAVEN,HALIFAX,keighley. toulose and BATLEY.Anybody notice any similarities?

I know why we are doing well, but I was going to keep it secret,

it's because I haven't been able to get to a single match this season and the longer our "lucky streak" lasts the longer it might be before I get back.

Seriously though let's just enjoy our team and forget about anyone else has to say. It's a great feeling to do well but it is a team game and we must try never to be complacent.

Remember sticks stones etc.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.