Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marklaspalmas

Our website

20 posts in this topic

Im loathe to have a go, as I know folk do work hard on these things, but...

I don't like the website much. All ..errr...'style' and very little substance.

It seems that a fair bit of content is now out of our hands and controlled by the RFL centrally. Hmm

Look at the fixture lists; all first team, reserves, U16s etc all mixed in together in confusing fashion.

Latest results on the front page. Fine. Click on the 'report' and get some inferior post match waffle instead of Stuart's masterpieces.

"lend's a hand" or "lends a hand" ? Basic grammar in a title.

Player profiles, every one of them; the plural of try is tries, not trys. They need appearances on there too.

All small stuff, but it could be better. Sorry to nag, I know it's not easy.

It seems that a fair bit of content is now out of our hands and controlled by the RFL centrally. Hmm

Look at the fixture lists; all first team, reserves, U16s etc all mixed in together in confusing fashion.

Latest results on the front page. Fine. Click on the 'report' and get some inferior post match waffle instead of Stuart's masterpieces.

Player profiles, every one of them; the plural of try is tries, not trys. They need appearances on there too.

I hear you Mark. On the fixtures thought there is a dropdown to filter by competition. It would be better if the default was to filter first team and then you could select others.

Got me thinking... try as in effort would be tries, but in a rugby sense a try is singular (eg. he scored a try), so would be try's? (eg. he's ###### says the Fax fan, despite scoring 4 try's)

Got me thinking... try as in effort would be tries, but in a rugby sense a try is singular (eg. he scored a try), so would be try's? (eg. he's ###### says the Fax fan, despite scoring 4 try's)

Err, no........ there's no apostrophes in plurals. Definitely tries.

i know what you mean with fixtures, would be better if they were seperated

Err, no........ there's no apostrophes in plurals. Definitely tries.

Ignore the misplaced apostrophy :lol: sorry not being sleeping to well lately and all words look like squiggles.

Or "apostrophe" even, Matt!!! :lol::lol:

or were you being ironic?? ;)

Or "apostrophe" even, Matt!!! :lol::lol:

or were you being ironic?? ;)

Not that time :( seriously knackered, night all!!!

I'd like to see a proper list of players stats for the season and all time like apps tries goals points etc. not just clicking on the players pic and a note sayin 6 tries league 2 NRC round 1 or whatever

I'd like to see a proper list of players stats for the season and all time like apps tries goals points etc. not just clicking on the players pic and a note sayin 6 tries league 2 NRC round 1 or whatever

That would be good, although there is all that in our programmes, so wouldnt be hard to get it all on website

Glad it's not just me.

Check out the website right now. Pride of place on there, it says plain & simple....

Next Fixture

Sunday 25th April 2010

Leigh Centurions V

Featherstone Rovers

Leigh Miners Rangers ARLFC, 13:00

Now that's ok for me cos I know in fact it's the under 16 team but it doesn't actually say that anywhere!!

I did get confused myself a few days back with the way these fixtures are listed. They all need catagorising more clearly under their own title. Like- 1st team fixtures???? and Academy fixtures???? even colour coding them would help!!

Career totals (for Fev) now on the page under the 2010 record.

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/page.php?id=1161

Thanks to Terry Jones for the statistics.

I may be wrong here but I think that the word "Try" in Rugby does originate from the verb To attempt. I believe in the olden days a try was not worth any points, but in scoring a try the successful team were awarded an attempt at goal (a try at goal) which, if successfully converted would earn the team a point. In which case the plural is definately tries. This may be rubbish though.

I may be wrong here but I think that the word "Try" in Rugby does originate from the verb To attempt. I believe in the olden days a try was not worth any points, but in scoring a try the successful team were awarded an attempt at goal (a try at goal) which, if successfully converted would earn the team a point. In which case the plural is definately tries. This may be rubbish though.

It's not rubbish, you are of course right. Matt was drunk at the time of writing. ;)

Still looks terrible on our website though.