Another superb performance

ernieone

What can I say?. superb performance, especially in defence. Tactics spot on. Marked key men out of the game.What about that track back from Stu to make the tackle. T"owd lad was like a whippet. He is having a great season.

Everyone playing for the shirt. Cannot beat it.

cheers. Do us a favour n stuff leigh sunday. Awesome defence. What a job powell has done. Fax had all the superstars but weve got a team of good honest players, who give 110 percent every game. Our defence won the game, knocked the stuffing out of them with the 4 or 5 repeat sets and no joy. Well done to the fans too. Sounded like we was at home.

cheers. Do us a favour n stuff leigh sunday. Awesome defence. What a job powell has done. Fax had all the superstars but weve got a team of good honest players, who give 110 percent every game. Our defence won the game, knocked the stuffing out of them with the 4 or 5 repeat sets and no joy. Well done to the fans too. Sounded like we was at home.

tonight was a massive result for us, unbelievably massive!

a great team performance, the first half display won it and the first try in the second half clinched it, we did the basics right after that

Players who hadnt been in the team/started much stood up and staked their claim again for regular games - field, spears and smeaton

fans - unbelievable, nice to see the players geeing us all up as well

Wow we dominated a quality Fax team there. only fault I can find is in our kicking game and discipline but our defense was again top drawer. Thought the ref was fair, and the defense was back to our awesome levels at the start of the season thanks boys what a game!

UP THE ROVERS!

Brought two friends over from Liverpool for tonight's game, both previously neutral. Even though towards the end both teams obviously tired, they found the match enjoyable and even the Fax fans we stood in front of admitted the game was won in defence and that they were outplayed all over the pitch. Behind me they never stopped moaning about Black. Good performance as usual against the top teams. Well done

Went to work in my Sunday best and went straight from Leeds to Halifax ariving at the ground nice and early. Saw the team arrive and i must admit they were totally focused on the game. What is more i thought what a professional set up. Just knew we were in for a special treat last night.

Very well done to all concerned.

Seems a long way from the dark days when we got a hammering at Halifax in the Nothern Rail Cup

Well done to one and all last night the team look like Fev of old in the defense department, and as for the supporters you sounded superb on TV, just wish I could have been with you lads.

Just watched the game, oh the joys of the internet.

Made my week, what a fantastic display.

What incredible defence, superb attack and a 100% from every player.

I wonder if there is anyone out there still thinking that we are lucky to be top of the table.....

We are top of the league, we are top of the league!

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

Just watched the game, oh the joys of the internet.

Made my week, what a fantastic display.

What incredible defence, superb attack and a 100% from every player.

I wonder if there is anyone out there still thinking that we are lucky to be top of the table.....

We are top of the league, we are top of the league!

How do you watch it on the internet? :huh:

Edited by jprover

How do you watch it on the internet?

Cliff found a site that streamed the match later in the evening and he downloaded it this morning. I've replied for him because I know he has gone to the beach for the weekend - lucky b@gger :angry:

Edited by stuart56

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

decent ref that lad!

Aye he had a top game from what I saw on Sky... I take it back... for now...

Only seen first hour, cause I fell to sleep, but from what I'ver seen, we did exceptionally well to keep Royston, Black and Branighan quiet for the most part.

Cummins Out.

I thought we might get beat due to our recent slump in form and Halifax's recent upturn but wow, what an effort, especially in defence.

Moment of the game for me was in the second half when Tony Tonks recieved the ball and changed direction to run at Watene when 99.9% of players would have kept going away from him.To front up to these players and let them know they're not worried about their reputation showed the confidence in our squad and to be honest I wouldn't swap too many of our players for those turning out for Halifax last night.

I'd agree with your last statement and I can think only of one exception. I think Shad Royston would look good in a Rovers shirt next season. I have no idea what contract he's on or anything else, but out of that Fax team, he's the one I'd have at POR.