Leeds Rhinos v St. Helens

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds
    • St Helens
    • Draw

It's going to be a scorcher today if the weather is anything to go by, already touching 22 degrees on thermometer.

I still fancy Leeds to win by six to eight.

Well I'll be there, hoping for another good performance by the Saints, since the first few games when fans were moaning about Saints not being a good attacking force we have really turned that around and in the bigger games our efence has not looked too bad either. I'll take Saints by 10, although both Leeds and Saints have been far from consistent this year, so maybe thats more my heart than my head talking.

It's all about da bass

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's a barmy summers evening here in Headingley as the top sides of the past four years lock horns once more.

Leeds will still be hurting from the St Helens masterclass they received at Knowsley Road back in April, going down by 41 points to 20.

But Leeds are the form team of Super League at the minute with no defeat in seven (all competitions) and will look to close the gap on leaders Wigan this evening.

Fiftheen out from kick-off and Headingley looks perfect, St Helens look to have brought around 1200 from over the pennines.

Something tells me Mr Silverwood isn't going to get the best of welcomes from the south stand following his handling of the World Club Challenge match back in March.

Leeds Rhinos 0-0 St Helens after 01:00 minute.

Leeds yet to touch the ball and St Helens score out wide but referee Silverwood goes to the screen, has Flannery touched down before the dead ball line.

Leeds Rhinos 0-6 St Helens after 03:00 minutes.

The try is given to Chris Flannery following a super kick on the last after some great go forward from the Rhinos and Lomax converts from the sideline.

Wow what a start.

Leeds Rhinos 4-6 St Helens after 09:00 minutes.

This is turning into a classic as young Chris Clarkson gets Leeds up and running on the scoreboard following a super pin point by Sinfield into the St Helens corner.

Sinfield hits the posts with the extra two 0/1

Jesus wept this game is being played at a fast and frenzied pace with both sides playing some super Rugby.

I the get the feeling that Wigan and Warrington can beat the lesser quality sides, but when it comes to the games that matter, these two giants are the best.

Leeds Rhinos 8-6 St Helens after 22:00 minutes.

Brett Delaney scores the Rhinos in a pin point replica of the first try Clarkson, with once again the cross field patted back and Delaney has a walk in out wide.

Sinfield converts from the touchline 1/2 and this really is turning into the best game of the season.

Leeds Rhinos 16-6 St Helens after 24:00 minutes.

It's back to back tries and oh my word this one was one of the best, a towering bomb from Sinfield, the bounce of the ball favouring Leeds and then ebay Keith finding McGuire on the inside to score from 10m out.

Sinfield goes out to 2/3 and Leeds in the space of five minutes have taken a huge hold on this game.

Sinfield is causing St Helens no end of trouble with the boot, while St Helens just look void of any ideas missing kicks to touch from the penalty mark etc . . .

Leeds Rhinos 16-10 St Helens after 36:00 minutes.

St Helens spark and score a great try through Jonny Lomax who takes on the Rhinos defence and beats four to score out wide.

Great free flowing passing involving half of the St Helens side in that try.

Lomax misses the kick 1/2

Leeds Rhinos 16-16 St Helens after 38:00 minutes.

Chris Flannery with his second from the restart after Roby draws in the Leeds defence, creating the gap for Flannery romp over under the black dot and after it's handed to the video referee Thierry Alibert who takes one quick look at the replay before giving it.

Lomax converts 2/3 and we are all level 16-16.

What an asset Flannery is for Saints.

You could almost see the thought process when he saw who it was up in support :)

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Leeds Rhinos 16-22 St Helens after 52:00 minutes.

What has someone done with Richard Silverwood? He's blowing up for forward passes like there out of fashion.

Leeds caught offside inside their own 10m with St Helens attacking and from the tap, Pryce enhances his chances of an England call up with a quality score.

Lomax converts 3/4.