grounds used for professional league

London have had more grounds than shirts.....

Since 1980 there's been home games played at:  The Cottage, The Bridge, Widnes, Palace sports centre, Chiswick Poly, Wealsdon, Griffin Park, Hendon, Copthall Arena, The Valley, The stoop, Barnet 2 and now Ealing....we took games on the road to carcaison, Tynecastle, Leicester and Bridgened as well as Orient and Gillingham...not forgetting Hersham and Wycombe

Ealing is a perfect ground for the club in its current incarnation, but once again, should they be in the top flight I suspect that they will return to Brentford, which was I am reliably informed was the only ground they called home where they actually grew attendances!

Rugby League in Carlisle. In 1928 Harraby Park Stadium roughly same area as Gillford Park

From 1981 home games: Brunton Park, Belle Vue Wakefield, Fartown Huddersfield, Southend Road Penrith, Gillford Park, Gateshead, Carlisle RU, Hawick RU

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

A range of grounds for Fulham/ Broncos home games in their various guises and quite a few on the road: Craven Cottage, Naughton Park, Stamford Bridge, Polytechnic of Central London, Swinton, Central Park, Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Hendon, Barnet Copthall, The Valley, Griffin Park, The Stoop, Hearts, Kingsmeadow, Newport, Welford Road Leicester, Griffin Park, Stade Albert Domec Carcassone, Port Talbot, Broadfield Stadium Crawley, Brewery Field Bridgend, Stade Aime Giral Perpignan, Leyton Orient, Priestfield Stadium Gillingham, Molesey Road Esther, Adams Park High Wycombe,The Hive, Trailfinders.

Other stadiums not necessarily home games include Millennium Stadium, Old Trafford, Etihad Stadium, The Knoll Neath, Murrayfield, Bloomfield Road Blackpool, Halton Stadium Widnes, Wembley Stadium

15 minutes ago, Southern Reiver said:

A range of grounds for Fulham/ Broncos home games in their various guises and quite a few on the road: Craven Cottage, Naughton Park, Stamford Bridge, Polytechnic of Central London, Swinton, Central Park, Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, Hendon, Barnet Copthall, The Valley, Griffin Park, The Stoop, Hearts, Kingsmeadow, Newport, Welford Road Leicester, Griffin Park, Stade Albert Domec Carcassone, Port Talbot, Broadfield Stadium Crawley, Brewery Field Bridgend, Stade Aime Giral Perpignan, Leyton Orient, Priestfield Stadium Gillingham, Molesey Road Esther, Adams Park High Wycombe,The Hive, Trailfinders.

Other stadiums not necessarily home games include Millennium Stadium, Old Trafford, Etihad Stadium, The Knoll Neath, Murrayfield, Bloomfield Road Blackpool, Halton Stadium Widnes, Wembley Stadium

Widnes was a home game as the drains under the cottage had collapsed.....

4 minutes ago, nonbelievers said:

Widnes was a home game as the drains under the cottage had collapsed.....

I am assuming your referring to Naughton Park second on the list. Wasn't aware that was the reason

Yes NW Crusaders played at least 2 games at Chester RUFC last season and they once played Thatto Heath in a friendly at Colwyn Bay. I saw London play Salford in a Challenge cup tie at Kingstonian FC. I also have programmes .v. Swinton  at Hendon FC and .v. Warrington at Newport RUFC. I have the programme from that Carlisle .v. Mansfield game at Penzance.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2010 at 8:53 PM, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

The greyhound stadium was used in the 1970's, they were called New Hunslet at the time if my memory is correct.

They had the gridiron style goalposts, outlawed by the RFL

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

35 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Huddersfield is 3, Fartown, Leeds Road and the now John Smith's

You probably know this Daz. Huddersfield played at Rifle Field before moving to Fartown. This was obviously before  the merger which led to the formation of the Huddersfield Cricket & Athletic Club and before the 1895 schism.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Yes i did know but presumed the original poster meant during the breakaway era, ie from 1895 onwards by which we were at Fartown.

Of course, hence my post.

There is a short street called Rifle Fields in Springwood. I don't know whether it is on the site of the original sports field.

Swinton have used Chorley Road, Station Road, Burnden Park, Maine Road, Giggle Lane, Park Lane, Moor Lane, LSV, Heywood Road, and the Willows as home grounds that I have known of. 

North Wales Cru have used Racecourse, Chester RFU, Queensway, and Cefn Druids that I can remember. 

On 04/02/2017 at 8:28 PM, longboard said:

Of course, hence my post.

There is a short street called Rifle Fields in Springwood. I don't know whether it is on the site of the original sports field.

Thats the one, i think it originally ran down to where the ring road/springwood car park is now.

On 04/02/2017 at 11:26 PM, BeerGrills said:

Swinton have used Chorley Road, Station Road, Burnden Park, Maine Road, Giggle Lane, Park Lane, Moor Lane, LSV, Heywood Road, and the Willows as home grounds that I have known of.

Giggle Lane's a new one on me. Not a terribly appropriate nickname given that it's next to the cemetery.