Chanting by Rhinos supporters

Sorry but the Mic simply has to move if the Southstand continuw with such obscenities. I watched the game last night with my son and to hear "Fat ginger b**tard, you;re just a fat ginger b**tard" coming through loud and clear is notwhat I want my son to hear. I also don;t want him to hear "The referees a w*nker"

Either move the mic or don;t cover Leeds games any more -those supporters are damaging the image of our sport

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but the Mic simply has to move if the Southstand continuw with such obscenities. I watched the game last night with my son and to hear "Fat ginger b**tard, you;re just a fat ginger b**tard" coming through loud and clear is notwhat I want my son to hear. I also don;t want him to hear "The referees a w*nker"

Either move the mic or don;t cover Leeds games any more -those supporters are damaging the image of our sport

Agree, i have a 6 yr and 8 yr old, they both looked at me and laughed, i said that isn't nice boys.

the eldest asked me "why do they say that dad" i said "they have been drinking and trying to act as big boys, they are the school bullies (type) who we keep away from and ignore.

really is a difficult one to deal with.

but SKY can play there part.

and the RFL too..eh Kenny?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

and the RFL too..eh Kenny?

so it seems, yes

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Ah yes, those wonderful "knowledgeable South Standers"

Come on - what do you expect them to do when Leeds Utd's season has ended? Read books, talk to women, hold intelligent conversations?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I see where you are coming from Kenny and you are right: sauce for the goose and all that.

If the club aren't doing something about this-and it's gone on for long enough to reasonably think that they aren't then as you imply action should be taken.

I'm guessing that something will only happen if someone as with the Tigers' case, complains.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Agree, i have a 6 yr and 8 yr old, they both looked at me and laughed, i said that isn't nice boys.

the eldest asked me "why do they say that dad" i said "they have been drinking and trying to act as big boys, they are the school bullies (type) who we keep away from and ignore.

really is a difficult one to deal with.

Yes i agree, following on from the foul language eminating from the stand under the commentary position at the halliwell jones stadium last week it's totally unacceptable.

I think we need a balanced opinion here from outwood tiger.... ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

We're a disgrace and should be thrown out of SL.Any club supporters that abuse players should not be in SL, wait a minute, SL wouldn't exist then would it!

Not at all - a few of your supporters are. If the club don;t do enough to stop this behaviour then your club will be a disgrace

I have written to the RFL to lodge an official complaint (actually that's a lie but would be interesting to see what they'd do if I did)

Not at all - a few of your supporters are. If the club don;t do enough to stop this behaviour then your club will be a disgrace

I have written to the RFL to lodge an official complaint (actually that's a lie but would be interesting to see what they'd do if I did)

My point is EVERY club need to do something about this problem, every club has a minority of numpties and knuckle draggers, if nothing is done will the RFL fine every club out of existence.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

A good few years back, when Wires played at Wilderspool, an opponent badly miss-kicked the ball.

I mean really badly.

The Fletcher End sang gleefully "what the eff in ell was that".

Instantly the PA shouted a warning about swearing.

The Fletcher End resumed with "what the flipping heck was that".

The point being, that the club noticed, and took instant action to try to stop the chanting.

If clubs fail to notice, turn a deaf ear, do nothing, then it's an issue for the RFL.

Yes, I know it still goes on at the Halliwell too, I take the point that all clubs can be guilty of this.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

What would the RFL do if you wrote to them with an official complaint, my guess is......

Nothing

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

What would the RFL do if you wrote to them with an official complaint, my guess is......

Nothing

Probably right but if I was offended by it and made an official complaint then it would need to be investigted - similar to a recent complaint made to the RFL

I don't like it either and just wait for it to pass. I did join in with "you're just our Grand Final bitches" though.

Am I a bad boy?

Perhaps on entry into grounds we should wire everyone up to a central machine that automatically elecrocutes anyone using foul language. :dry:

The last thing I knew we had laws of free-speech in this country. There is swearing at every game and the minute you get rid of it atmospheres will evaporate. Try as you might it will never happen in sport. Rugby games are not held in libraries and I reserve the right to chant banterous, stupid, good-humoured songs at opposition fans and players, with special provision to disparage KR fans/players/board members.

There are specific laws agains homophobic hatred and it would seem that Cas fans sailed very close to the wind in regards to GT. Until there are specific laws against hair colour hatred I cannot see the RFL having a case against such chants as those from Leeds fans last night.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Perhaps on entry into grounds we should wire everyone up to a central machine that automatically elecrocutes anyone using foul language. :dry:

The last thing I knew we had laws of free-speech in this country. There is swearing at every game and the minute you get rid of it atmospheres will evaporate. Try as you might it will never happen in sport. Rugby games are not held in libraries and I reserve the right to chant banterous, stupid, good-humoured songs at opposition fans and players, with special provision to disparage KR fans/players/board members.

There are specific laws agains homophobic hatred and it would seem that Cas fans sailed very close to the wind in regards to GT. Until there are specific laws against hair colour hatred I cannot see the RFL having a case against such chants as those from Leeds fans last night.

SOME cas fans

Also - if there was a complaint made do you think they should just sweep it under the carpet as there's no law about it?

Do you think it portrayed our sport in a positive light on the TV?

Please explain sensibly why foul language is required to create an atmosphere?

Freedom of speech is not the same as freedom to say anything you like. I trust that you understand the difference.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Kids will hear worse at school. Get real.

But where did they hear it first?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Kids will hear worse at school. Get real.

Agreed - I'm sure they hear worse than "we can see you holding hands" too so am I righ tin thinking that you disagree with the Castleford fine earlier this week and the RFL should get real?