Chanting by Rhinos supporters

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I don't know what the chants were at Cas,

Don;t comment then you fool

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Know a lot of Cas fans who are frustrated by this and can see why. Fair enough what you 'apparently' did was wrong, but the RFL have been banging on about the 'RESPECT' campaign for numerous seasons.

The game wouldn't be the same without it's banter, it's how the player takes it. Timmy Street was a perfect example of taking banter and giving some back.

Best thing to do is to take it on the chin and move on. You had a fantastic result today, build on it and stick two's up to them when you get in the play offs.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Know a lot of Cas fans who are frustrated by this and can see why. Fair enough what you 'apparently' did was wrong, but the RFL have been banging on about the 'RESPECT' campaign for numerous seasons.

The game wouldn't be the same without it's banter, it's how the player takes it. Timmy Street was a perfect example of taking banter and giving some back.

Best thing to do is to take it on the chin and move on. You had a fantastic result today, build on it and stick two's up to them when you get in the play offs.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

No no no no no another who has wrote off Bradford's chance of play-off silver.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

Agreed - I'm sure they hear worse than "we can see you holding hands" too so am I righ tin thinking that you disagree with the Castleford fine earlier this week and the RFL should get real?

There was worse than that chanted at Gareth Thomas.

There was worse than that chanted at Gareth Thomas.

Yet according to the Guardian Gareth Thomas never noticed it?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Perhaps on entry into grounds we should wire everyone up to a central machine that automatically elecrocutes anyone using foul language. :dry:

The last thing I knew we had laws of free-speech in this country. There is swearing at every game and the minute you get rid of it atmospheres will evaporate. Try as you might it will never happen in sport. Rugby games are not held in libraries and I reserve the right to chant banterous, stupid, good-humoured songs at opposition fans and players, with special provision to disparage KR fans/players/board members.

There are specific laws agains homophobic hatred and it would seem that Cas fans sailed very close to the wind in regards to GT. Until there are specific laws against hair colour hatred I cannot see the RFL having a case against such chants as those from Leeds fans last night.

how about just electrocuting leeds fans per se??

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Nope, I don't know what the chants were at Cas, but homphobia is so 20 years ago. It's illegal and wrong.

So Cas were fined for not being sufficiently fashionably modern.

How very gay.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

political correctness has causedfar more problems than it hsa solved due to people putting their own interpretations to what has been said. i was called a racist by a social worker for saying let's call a spade a spade during a meeting, the poor misguided fol didn't know that the full saying is let's call a spade a spade not a shovel. i the sarcasticaly appologised for being racially offensive to shovels.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

political correctness has causedfar more problems than it hsa solved

I haven't seen any signs recently saying No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I haven't seen any signs recently saying No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs.

how clever to pick out part of the sentence? and take it completely out of context!!! and by the way there are "no dogs" signs everywhere, so your argument has been shot down before it has begun.

Yet according to the Guardian Gareth Thomas never noticed it?

Don't read the Guardian mate. He told Mark Chapman a couple of weeks ago what the chanting was.

He said when he heard it it hurt him.

He said him and the players discussed it and how hurtful it was in the changing rooms after the game.

I haven't read everything on it, but these are things I have watched him on TV saying.

and by the way there are "no dogs" signs everywhere

Do these signs also feature the words "No Blacks, No Irish" ?

Do these signs also feature the words "No Blacks, No Irish" ?

only if they are "black" labradors or "irish" wolfhounds.

Perhaps on entry into grounds we should wire everyone up to a central machine that automatically elecrocutes anyone using foul language. :dry:

The last thing I knew we had laws of free-speech in this country. There is swearing at every game and the minute you get rid of it atmospheres will evaporate. Try as you might it will never happen in sport. Rugby games are not held in libraries and I reserve the right to chant banterous, stupid, good-humoured songs at opposition fans and players, with special provision to disparage KR fans/players/board members.

There are specific laws agains homophobic hatred and it would seem that Cas fans sailed very close to the wind in regards to GT. Until there are specific laws against hair colour hatred I cannot see the RFL having a case against such chants as those from Leeds fans last night.

Is free speech connected to offensive language?

The game is promoted as the "Family game" pretty hard to promote that concept if all around you are blind drunk swearing obscenities at the team or players they hate.

Edited by AndyCapp

Just a couple of points, yes there are specific laws around race, however there are also more general equality laws which are available to all who wish to use them.

Also there are laws about offensive language. If you wish to try them out, find your local policeman, pick a feature and swear at him or her. FIrst time you'll probably get a warning but say it 2 or 3 times you wil be arrested.

Just because the majority of society ignore laws does not mean that the laws do not exist.

Also the law is only part of this the RL is a business and as such can persue what ever image they wish to portray and so can fine along anylines within their current rules eg bringing the game into disrepute is a nice wide ranging rule that covers what ever you want it to really

Whether they bother is a business matter. It's good business to not appear homophobic as it was an internal charge not a criminal charge against the club. I'm not so sure whether it's good business to be pro ginger, but we'll see.

It's all about da bass

Why would you expect any better when their players acted like drunken, intimidatory chavs after their late winner against Wigan.

I don't mind the language just 2 faced people who just think it's one clubs issue, every club has fans that swear and society is generally worse than fans at a club.

It's all about da bass

Why would you expect any better when their players acted like drunken, intimidatory chavs after their late winner against Wigan.

Was it them throwing the missiles that were landing on the children sat on the wall or was that the wigan fans eh Finn. Wigan were a disgrace to rugby league that day and although hull.f.c are awaiting punishment for their missile throwing versus leeds at the K.C it would appear that wigan seem to get off scot free, i wonder why?

Was it them throwing the missiles that were landing on the children sat on the wall or was that the wigan fans eh Finn. Wigan were a disgrace to rugby league that day and although hull.f.c are awaiting punishment for their missile throwing versus leeds at the K.C it would appear that wigan seem to get off scot free, i wonder why?

ask bitofaboogie