Mick Potter confirmed as the new coach of Bradford

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this 100%?

No - in fact just yesterday I heard from a usually reliable source it's Potter but the club is still ironing out the contract.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

No - in fact just yesterday I heard from a usually reliable source it's Potter but the club is still ironing out the contract.

Well I've heard he's turned the contract down citing his intention to return home back to Australia.

Perhaps - if he has decided to go back home, he's left it pretty late in the day from the Bulls POV to change his mind.

Regardless, either way it is not a done deal yet I would assume.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Perhaps - if he has decided to go back home, he's left it pretty late in the day from the Bulls POV to change his mind.

Regardless, either way it is not a done deal yet I would assume.

I'll change the thread title to avoid confusion, but as reported in todays Guardian the new coach will be confirmed this week.

Just for information Connor Murphy (The Bulls reporter for the local paper) said on twitter that he isn't aware Potter has dropped out of the race for the job and an announcement is more likely to be next week as negociations are taking longer than expected - which would support the report in today's League Express.

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Oh dear - Thats Bradford not making the paly-off's for (insert number of years of new coaches contract) years :D

McDermott has a shocking record (even taking into account the limited resources he has a Quins) and Potter has reduced Saints to a "1 out" style that is boring as hell to watch. Saints have lost all their flair by having to stick to his robotic style gameplan.

Actually come to think of it this style is perfect for the Bulls, they just need to go back to having a dozen 17st players in the team to make it work

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

from what i heard i would be shocked if Brian McDermott is not coaching the Bulls next season. it was all rubber sealed i was told, not unless there was a breakdown on the terms of his contract.

he wanted to coach the Bulls they wanted him to coach them, so if he doesn't get the job something has happened behind the scene's at the last minute. Friday night might be interesting when Quins RL play the Bulls :D

Just for information Connor Murphy (The Bulls reporter for the local paper) said on twitter that he isn't aware Potter has dropped out of the race for the job and an announcement is more likely to be next week as negociations are taking longer than expected - which would support the report in today's League Express.

Potter is leaving the UK to move back to Australia unless were going to let him coach via video link.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't Macca. The re-signing of Sykes(A Macca fave) all but confirmed the new coach IMHO.

Arrrrrgh but is he a Worrincy fan?

from what i heard i would be shocked if Brian McDermott is not coaching the Bulls next season. it was all rubber sealed i was told, not unless there was a breakdown on the terms of his contract.

he wanted to coach the Bulls they wanted him to coach them, so if he doesn't get the job something has happened behind the scene's at the last minute. Friday night might be interesting when Quins RL play the Bulls :D

Must win for us mate, I'm going in the hope that I see our first win since beating Wakefield 29-10 at Belle Vue way back in early May.

Must win for us mate, I'm going in the hope that I see our first win since beating Wakefield 29-10 at Belle Vue way back in early May.

:lol:

I'll look out for you - I'll be there!!!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I have to go to gate one to pick up my media pass, anyone know where that is?

I have to go to gate one to pick up my media pass, anyone know where that is?

Yes, just next to Canary WHarf - you can't miss it

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Yes, just next to Canary WHarf - you can't miss it

Thank you for that Kenny.

It should be an enjoyable evening.

Quins by 30.

Will you be in your purple jacket?!

You could get Mick and the solitary Quins fan to walk behind you... :D

I'll ask on the relevant thread too but was that vid on YouTube just for the hell of it?!

You're right Mick we need our enthusiasm whetted. Whilst me, thee and some others on here will watch through hell and highwater, it's oour floating, fickle fans we need back through the turnstile to get money back in the coffers to move forward.

We must hope it's Potter then for the armchair and sofa fans to once again grace Odsal with their presence.

You do know it isn't Harry...?

I wish it was then he could magic us a nice 30,000 all seater stadium and fill it every game for us.

According to the T&A Potter is favourite. he would be my preferred choice. I know Saints fans aren't happy with his style play, but his track record with Catalans and Saints is pretty good. He has a history with the Bulls as well, so again, it's another former assistant getting the top job. Although in a more circuitous way than usual.

You are very welcome to McDermott, he has been a disaster for Harlequins. We have had a season and a half of misery, and McDermott still does not have a clue how to get out of it. In a media savvy market like London you actually need a communicator, which he most definitely is not. We would prefer someone to talk the club up as opposed to being "honest".

A word of warning - do not under any circumstances approach him after a game even when you've won - he will be rude and abusive.

According to the T&A Potter is favourite. he would be my preferred choice. I know Saints fans aren't happy with his style play, but his track record with Catalans and Saints is pretty good. He has a history with the Bulls as well, so again, it's another former assistant getting the top job. Although in a more circuitous way than usual.

Maybe slightly more circuitous but not that much, remember Nobby spent time at Wakefield and IIRC a year in Aussie doing coaching with (Jack?) Gibson before coming back, and Macca also did a stint at Wakey before moving to Hudds and only then coming back to Odsal, so neither of those were exactly seamless!

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/