Mick Potter confirmed as the new coach of Bradford

So let me get this straight...........

This is the same Mick Potter who guided Saints to their 1st trophyless season in god knows how many years and hes gonna be the Bulls saviour?

You couldnt make it up :lol:

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the same Mick Potter who guided Saints to their 1st trophyless season in god knows how many years and hes gonna be the Bulls saviour?

Potter is a strict disciplinarian and he will be much better than McNamara. If Orford can return to good health and form, and Menzies kicks on, I foresee Bradford making the top 8 under Potter.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

If he had an English accent he would now be firmly on the scrapheap.

If he had an English accent he would now be firmly on the scrapheap.

You mean, like the English-accented England coach Steve McNamara?

_____

You mean, like the English-accented England coach Steve McNamara?

Yep, people are already saying it is a farce he got the job, so that example actually backs my point up, thanks.

People are happy with the failure that is Mick Potter, but are disgusted by McNamara for England.

How many English coaches have been sacked/released, and then found another top level club, yet week after week we hear about Aussie coaches being linked to top jobs over here despite the fact they have been sacked at clubs?

Yep, people are already saying it is a farce he got the job, so that example actually backs my point up, thanks.People are happy with the failure that is Mick Potter, but are disgusted by McNamara for England.

How many English coaches have been sacked/released, and then found another top level club, yet week after week we hear about Aussie coaches being linked to top jobs over here despite the fact they have been sacked at clubs?

No, it doesn't back up your point. People may be disgusted, rightly so. But the issue is not if people are disgusted. It is whether McNamara is on the scrapheap or not. As coach of England, obviously he isn't.

Edited by ParisSurtout

_____

No, it doesn't back up your point. People may be disgusted, rightly so. But the issue is not if people are disgusted. It is whether McNamara is on the scrapheap or not. As coach of England, obviously he isn't.

My pointwas two-fold.

Firstly that English coaches rarely get another opportunity at top-level if it doesn't work out first time. McNamara actually got the England job when the Bulls were going okay and he hadn't been sacked, so not really relevant.

My other point was about fans writing them off. Fans are happy with Potter, yet if an English coach had taken over Saints and not delivered as much as him there would be uproar.

He took Catalans to the CC final, he's taken Saints to GFs, in what you could arguably call a transition period for them. Just because his team haven't been scoring 80m tries with the ball going through 13 pairs of hands, Saints fans say he's poor. I'd take his kind of poor at Odsal right now.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

No tears to cry no feelings left

My pointwas two-fold.

Firstly that English coaches rarely get another opportunity at top-level if it doesn't work out first time. McNamara actually got the England job when the Bulls were going okay and he hadn't been sacked, so not really relevant.

My other point was about fans writing them off. Fans are happy with Potter, yet if an English coach had taken over Saints and not delivered as much as him there would be uproar.

Spot on.

iv'e said for weeks and i'll say it again. Brian McDermott will be coaching Bradford Bulls next season. when i had a meet up with some ex Army mates in London recently and we took in a Quins game. the talk amongst Quins supporters in the bar was who will take over from Brian McDermott for next season.

Got any racing tips?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I'll wait and see what happens next season.

Aye. Same here.

He may be sh!te, he may be good, only time will tell.

Plenty actually scoffed at Menzies joining the Bulls (and I recently bumped that thread) but look how he went.

Yes I'm not excited by this appointment, and the lack of concern from Saints fans says enough for me to be cynical, but I'll at least give him the chance, whilst not getting carried away.

Yes I'm not excited by this appointment, and the lack of concern from Saints fans says enough for me to be cynical, but I'll at least give him the chance, whilst not getting carried away.

Agreed - but the immediate header in the T & A could be construed as a "Oh Deary Me"..

"Potter: I'm not here to revolutionise Bradford Bulls"

From where I am stood - thats exactly what I did not want to hear...

Does Potter actually talk?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Aye. Same here.

He may be sh!te, he may be good, only time will tell.

Plenty actually scoffed at Menzies joining the Bulls (and I recently bumped that thread) but look how he went.

I don't know if I'm 'excited' or not to be honest, I'm certainly looking forward to the next game, but then, by Friday I always am. We've got a new coach for next season, he proved to be decent at Catalans, he's got a bit of stick at St Helens, if he has a bit of luck there is no reason why he shouldn't keep the majority happy at the Bulls. At the end of the day he'll leave and some will say he's been great, some won't be too sure, and some will say good riddance, c'est la vie.

He's been pretty circumspect so far, there again, he's still employed by Saints, so he's hardly got round to a detailed list of things he would like to change at Odsal. No doubt he will stick with what he feels is good and bin what he doesn't like. He was, I assume, used to a constrained budget at Catalans, so that shouldn't be a big problem for him.

In the meantime LSH steps into the breech. If we can get a few troops back on parade then we can make the eight, if not it will be more difficult, but I'm ever hopeful.

Still running with the Bulls!! B)

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I'm happy with the signing. Firstly we could have had worst. He offers a fresh approach, has a knowledge of the French game I hope he taps into and had a great career in the NRL. The season isn't over yet and could hit the Bulls bench with two trophies in tow. Fingers crossed he doesn't keep the deadwood.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

My pointwas two-fold.

Last English coach at Saints?

Hanley.

1st Season, won the grand final.

2nd Season sacked after 2 games.

Next seen, dancing on ice.

It's all about da bass

As for Potter, I'm uncertain. Compared to Anderson he looks like a backwards step when you just look at won and lost.

However when you take into account resources and transistion, it does not look so bad.

After 6 or 7 games this year I would have been saying woeful as he took alot away from Saints, however our attacking flair seams to be back and the kids have done well.

I see him as a kind of interim coach that will keep a club on an even keel and rebuild it, but does not have the killer instinct nessasary to win games. Not a motivational speaker, more a planner and designer. Saints had a similar coach, before super league and the likes of cunningham, wellens etc came through under him then McCrea came in and won some trophies with the team that had been built plus 1 or 2 big signings.

Well we have josh perry for next year and we are looking at another, so hopefully history will repeat itself.

It's all about da bass

I'm happy with the signing. Firstly we could have had worst. He offers a fresh approach, has a knowledge of the French game I hope he taps into and had a great career in the NRL. The season isn't over yet and could hit the Bulls bench with two trophies in tow. Fingers crossed he doesn't keep the deadwood.

I'd guess that any changes will be subject to our budget limits, as I can't see Hood 'splashing out' money we haven't got. Biggest hope might be that the crowds rise, that would push the spending power northwards, but to be honest, I can't foresee any very large increase.

I know a few people specifically said they wouldn't come back until Macca left, but I'd guess the vast majority of the old glory days fans have other reasons for no longer attending matches; for most it's likely to be simply that we're not winning enough games. Let's hope things pick up.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I'd guess that any changes will be subject to our budget limits, as I can't see Hood 'splashing out' money we haven't got. Biggest hope might be that the crowds rise, that would push the spending power northwards, but to be honest, I can't foresee any very large increase.

I know a few people specifically said they wouldn't come back until Macca left, but I'd guess the vast majority of the old glory days fans have other reasons for no longer attending matches; for most it's likely to be simply that we're not winning enough games. Let's hope things pick up.

Perhaps a fresh approach and new techniques could turn around the sub-standard players?

Look at the successes of Warrington and Wigan with the only real change being a new coach.

Perhaps a fresh approach and new techniques could turn around the sub-standard players?

Look at the successes of Warrington and Wigan with the only real change being a new coach.

Andrew, Potter is the right choice for me, you will be ok, just hope you sort out the marketing.

Bulls to become a force again sometime very soon.

Andrew, Potter is the right choice for me, you will be ok, just hope you sort out the marketing.

Bulls to become a force again sometime very soon.

I'll have to wait and see. Some are clamouring for him to be the messiah because those fans were desperate. I'm supportive, but patient and tentative.

I'd rather play a kid than the deadwood.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah