Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northern Exposure

Famous days in Rugby League

39 posts in this topic

On this day, Wigan won their last trophy and its been barren for almost 12 years now.

On the same day, Deep Space 1 was launched: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_1

Is this any co-incidence?

Perhaps its searching the stars for Wigan's next trophy?

Edited by Northern Exposure

They won the Challenge Cup 2002. :huh:

That's a Mickey Mouse trophy - NE said so years ago.

5 years ago to be precise, just ater 5pm on 27th August 2005. :lol:

which leeds last won in 99 in front of 73,242.

Happy days!

Indeed, Just out of interest terrywebbisgod, What is your thought on the CC Final????

i ask as NE thinks its the MM cup.

my opinion on the CC as a neutral for most of my 12 visits (seen Wires twice) Leeds fans have travelled in their thousands for years and would love to see Leeds in a final.

Indeed, Just out of interest terrywebbisgod, What is your thought on the CC Final????

i ask as NE thinks its the MM cup.

my opinion on the CC as a neutral for most of my 12 visits (seen Wires twice) Leeds fans have travelled in their thousands for years and would love to see Leeds in a final.

Having being a ball boy in the CC final in 1983 I love it, to me it's the pinnacle of achievment in RL having more history than the GF which is a super league invention anyway, long may the CC continue.

Having being a ball boy in the CC final in 1983 I love it, to me it's the pinnacle of achievment in RL having more history than the GF which is a super league invention anyway, long may the CC continue.

Not quite. Championship play-offs precede SL by a long way and were regarded as just as important as the CC by the clubs. For the players, however, the CC was always the pinnacle.

Not quite. Championship play-offs precede SL by a long way and were regarded as just as important as the CC by the clubs. For the players, however, the CC was always the pinnacle.

Sorry, I stand corrected.

On this day, Wigan won their last trophy and its been barren for almost 12 years now.

On the same day, Deep Space 1 was launched: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Space_1

Jeez.

Is that really the best you got?

:lol:

Greatest CC final ever :D

Greatest CC final ever :D

Bollards! :(

and what a day in 1983 that was!!!! :D:D

8 years to be precise, i was there to watch them beat saints in the CC final, this year they are nailed on for the minors and i wouldn't bet against them lifting the championship either.

just out of interest have leeds managed to match widnes all time trophy haul yet????

look at the first 2 matches NE, spot the difference............................you were behind wigan even then

Edited by Viking Warrior

The Mickey Mouse cup doesn't count. Everyone knows that.

Even if Leeds win this time?

You'll soon change your tune if they do!

Even if Leeds win this time?

You'll soon change your tune if they do!

he doesn't even rate john holmes as an all time leeds great....................god i hope saints batter them in the semi.

he doesn't even rate john holmes as an all time leeds great....................god i hope saints batter them in the semi.

Yeah we've established he joined the sport back in 1996.

I was '97, I dunno who John Holmes was. And I've only heard of 'greats' by name. Does that make me a poor supporter?

top one, great final.

4 years later (87) i played for the Warrington School boys v's Leeds, Leeds won 10 nil (#### bags :P )

best thing about the day Saints got beat by Fax :lol::lol:

CC for me is my pinnacle, but i say that having played there as a kid.

(ps, does that make you 38/39 by any chance ;) )

Yeah we've established he joined the sport back in 1996.

I was '97, I dunno who John Holmes was. And I've only heard of 'greats' by name. Does that make me a poor supporter?

depends if you still go now :P:P if you no longer go thats poor :O

depends if you still go now :P:P if you no longer go thats poor :O

I go to Odsal.

:(