Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1976PMJwires

Hicks signs 1year deal

27 posts in this topic

So Hicks signs for another year. :P

We release mathers (eng) :D to bring in Hodgson (aus). :mellow:

Isn't it next season a reduction on overseas players 6 down to 5.

so that would mean

hodgson

hicks

king

monaghan (all aus)

then

L Anderson (2yrs left on contract)

D Solomona (1yr left)

my maths is 6 (so far)

Why do i raise this????

overseas players need reducing, forget the loopholes, number of years lived in the country, etc etc , it must stop....

so thats my comments on my club, What do you guys think?????

so that would mean

hodgson

hicks

king

monaghan (all aus)

then

D Solomona (1yr left)

my maths is 6 (so far)

Why do i raise this????

overseas players need reducing, forget the loopholes, number of years lived in the country, etc etc , it must stop....

means either one of thems leaving and it hasnt been announced yet or one was a kolpak under old system and has been granted an exemption ( although afaik they are all old style quota players).

Rfl wouldnt accept hicks registration for next year if it put you over quota.

(The Club fully operates to the RFL quota for overseas players. The RFL have specific regulations regarding the overseas quota and long-serving players in this country sit outside of the overseas quota.)

added to the bottom of the chris hicks press clip on the Wires Website.

I do not agree with it.

so that would mean

hodgson

hicks

king

monaghan (all aus)

then

D Solomona (1yr left)

my maths is 6 (so far)

Why do i raise this????

means either one of thems leaving and it hasnt been announced yet or one was a kolpak under old system and has been granted an exemption ( although afaik they are all old style quota players).

only thing i could guess is solomona's been granted an exemption although im pretty sure he was always classed as a kiwi and not a kolpak.

Edited by matt newsholme

only thing i could guess is solomona's been granted an exemption although im pretty sure he was always classed as a kiwi and not a kolpak.

I think solomona has been in the country for over 5 years, so he doesn't count.

I suppose my issue is we need to reduce the amount of "overseas" players, but being able to bend the rules (how ever you look at it, they are overseas and don't qualify to play for england or wales) helps clubs retain a higher number of overseas players.

my other issue with this, younger lads are leaving Warrington this year as the overseas have retained their place / contracts.

watch this space, but a winger and a hooker will be leaving Warrington over the next 3/4 months

both have come thru the ranks and are also LOCAL lads.

I think solomona has been in the country for over 5 years, so he doesn't count.

not as simple as that. The rule is that the player has to have been playing in superleague continously since before the quota rules were changed (feb 2008 I think) and also have been a kolpak player under old system. If they were a full quota player then they arent eligble for the exemption as I understand it. Could have sworn solomona was classed as a quota player for bullls and wakefield and not a kolpak.

It's not only the number of overseas players,its the sums paid to them.Because they take such a high percentage of the salary cap,you would be very surprised how little many British players receive.Clubs put all their eggs in one basket - the overseas basket - then when those players get injured,the Clubs moan that their squads are lightweight to cover for injuries.The fact is that a Club could get three good,solid British players,for what they pay for an overseas 'star'.If that 'star' is injured,the Clubs moan they don't have the cover!. i.e. Bradford!!

You're right, of course, but that must not be at the expense of players with existing contracts, some of whom have given years of dedicated service to the game in this country. They shouldn't be turfed out because they are foreign.

It must, legally and morally, be a slow process (and it is).

so that would mean

hodgson

hicks

king

monaghan (all aus)

then

D Solomona (1yr left)

my maths is 6 (so far)

Why do i raise this????

I agree it is total ######. Rhys Lovegrove counts as home trained by us cos he came when he was 18! How daft a system is this.

Surely it should be done on eligibilty for England. If they can play for England then they don't count on the quote, if they can't then they do simple.

Im guessing Brett wont count since hes injured 90% of the season anyway

Im guessing Brett wont count since hes injured 90% of the season anyway

and the 10% of games he plays in will still be more wins than Hudds :lol:

and the 10% of games he plays in will still be more wins than Hudds :lol:

Maths not a strong point i see :lol:

Maths not a strong point i see :lol:

yes.

now you do the maths.

Wigan are one of the best when it comes to playing our own - Wiganers and home grown talent - but remain one of the worst in terms of overseas players, with 7 who have played for us this year (though I like to think of Richards as a special case given his Ireland appearances). While Feca, Phelps and Bailey have rightly been consigned to the reserves, I suspect we will pick up overseas replacements for them and Piggy. At least other SL clubs have no fear of us signing their players...

Wigan are one of the best when it comes to playing our own - Wiganers and home grown talent - but remain one of the worst in terms of overseas players, with 7 who have played for us this year (though I like to think of Richards as a special case given his Ireland appearances). While Feca, Phelps and Bailey have rightly been consigned to the reserves, I suspect we will pick up overseas replacements for them and Piggy. At least other SL clubs have no fear of us signing their players...

............unlike wires, saints and others.....very good EW.

just a good job ML is no longer there, Hudds would be licking their lips.

yes.

now you do the maths.

Np

Brett plays 10% of the season, we'll round it up to 30 games, make it easy

So he plays 3 games which is more than Hudds will win next season, cant see that happening

As i said, maths not a strong point

Glad to be of assistance

Np

Brett plays 10% of the season, we'll round it up to 30 games, make it easy

So he plays 3 games which is more than Hudds will win next season, cant see that happening

As i said, maths not a strong point

Glad to be of assistance

As i said no issues with my maths.. have you heard of sarcasm. :P ... yes you have, :D you put 90% :O

but my friend BH has alreay played in 71% of your games. :lol: ....... so over to you.

As i said no issues with my maths.. have you heard of sarcasm. :P ... yes you have, :D you put 90% :O

but my friend BH has alreay played in 71% of your games. :lol: ....... so over to you.

Its 75%

12/18

;)

Its 75%

12/18

;)

:D :D You might just want to check your maths mate. :D :D

Never any good at Maths :D

66%, 75% Close enough for me

Edited by Lee

Its 75%

12/18

;)

Lee, BH has played 15 games out of 21 played (super league)

15 divided by 21 is 0.714 x by 100 = 71.4 so there you have it 71%

please note stats gained from Engage Web page.

Class, Lee was taking the pea out of me and he was sooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong :lol::lol:

Never any good at Maths :D

66%, 75% Close enough for me

and you had the nerve to question me?????..............how dare you, how dare you.

nice evening to you. :P

you have made my evening, i have had a 5h1t day at work, thanks mate.

Must say it's time the RFL got there house in order and make one rule so that there is no manouvering of players passports you are either born in Great Britain or not and next season 5 from anywhere in the world and the rest of the squad British no coming up with my Great Great Great Great Grandmother came to England on holiday so I can play for anyone.

Must say it's time the RFL got there house in order and make one rule so that there is no manouvering of players passports you are either born in Great Britain or not and next season 5 from anywhere in the world and the rest of the squad British no coming up with my Great Great Great Great Grandmother came to England on holiday so I can play for anyone.

err thats exactly what they done!. the complication is the players already here when the rule change was brought in. The rfl cant just say they are ineligble as that would be restraint of trade and rfl would be in legal hot water so instead they grant them a quota exemption. Going forward once the players who were already here in feb 2008 (date new quota came in ) have left the game due to going back to nrl/retirement , then we'll have the 5 overseas players rule you want as no players who come to SL after feb 2008 can apply for exemption.