Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scubby

Chants that bite back

10 posts in this topic

The obvious ones are:

Saints a few years ago started chanting 'that's why we're champions' seemingly after every try and Leeds fans seem to still enjoy giving it back.

Visiting fans used to enjoy using the Warry Warry Warrington chant to rude effect and Hull KR fans always like to sound-off their version of Old Faithful.

There must be plenty more out there - new or old. Let's hear them.

Edited by Scubby

I thought Sundays Northern Rail final was a classic when Widnes fans were chanting "Your not singing anymore " after they scored their 3rd n 4th tries and then Batley came back and won the game. Priceless . All Fev fans have been dying to sing "Were Gonna win the league "for the past few weeks but know if we do we will throw it away. Its sad that its only at are away games that any atmosphere is created as at present the away supporters just arent turning up at Fev matches.

I thought Sundays Northern Rail final was a classic when Widnes fans were chanting "Your not singing anymore " after they scored their 3rd n 4th tries and then Batley came back and won the game. Priceless . All Fev fans have been dying to sing "Were Gonna win the league "for the past few weeks but know if we do we will throw it away. Its sad that its only at are away games that any atmosphere is created as at present the away supporters just arent turning up at Fev matches.

After the Wires / Fev match i said your the best of the rest.

Good Luck to you all at Fev, still stand by what i said, you'll be in the GF back @ the HJ.

I thought Sundays Northern Rail final was a classic when Widnes fans were chanting "Your not singing anymore " after they scored their 3rd n 4th tries and then Batley came back and won the game. Priceless .

I remember the Wire fans singing that at headingley last year and the Rhinos scoring a try in the last couple of minutes

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh,

your the biggest cheats in the world,

you've got feka the lard ass,

fielden's a mard ass,

and dessie flattened iro-oh-oh!

(last line relates to des drummond's puch on kevin iro,wembley 1990). ;)

When they're on telly they won't pay,

when they're losing they won't stay,

you will see them all,

doing the wigan walk. :D

Presumably the Wigan walk chants only count as chants that back bite if you're suggesting that the singers could be seen sneaking in given how few of them there are? As this would apply to pretty much all visitors to the Piedome aside from Saints that's a subtle but a good one.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

I've heard the "easy, easy" chant a few times when Wakefield have held a commanding to nil lead. 20'odd nil at half time and we've gone on to lose it.

Don't cas fans win a particular award in terms of chants that bite back following recent events?