Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wendall

Willie Manu - Call up for England

96 posts in this topic

Ok then, not RLIF lawfully wrong but certainly morally wrong. I thought we were above this sort of ######. Manu has played for Tonga. End of story for me. He could live here for the rest of his life but it still wouldn't make him English. It's not just McNamara who's immoral here. Manu can't have much respect for his background unless of course there's a WC on the horizon.

I agree.

I actually find the whole nation-swapping thing quite offensive. Willie Manu isn't English and he never will be, he's got no business pretending to represent me, my family and my friends. He is solely interested in playing test RL, if he was good enough to be doing it for Australia then he'd never have turned out for Tonga, and he'd certainly never have put his hand up for us.

I also have a nagging fear that McNamara has got Chris Heighington pencilled in for the Four Nations as well.

Edited by nadera78

we need to find out if he played in the 2009 pacific cup...even if it was only for 5mins

we need to find out if he played in the 2009 pacific cup...even if it was only for 5mins

Even if he didn't 'spud it would still be morally wrong to select him. We may as well tell Tonga to not bother playing internationally any more as any players they pick who've ever played professionally in England or Australia for more than three years will more than likely defect given half a hope of a cap.

To claim him?

there is no claiming if a player can wander between national teams.

Even if he didn't 'spud it would still be morally wrong to select him. We may as well tell Tonga to not bother playing internationally any more as any players they pick who've ever played professionally in England or Australia for more than three years will more than likely defect given half a hope of a cap.

he played for tonga in the 2008 world cup.

He's already been claimed by Tonga.

Ahh, that explains the flag sticking out of his ###### then.

How do you explain the shadows? And the flag waving? It looks like a mock up to me.

:D

Willie Manu doesn't actually play in England. He plays in the Nevada desert.

he played for tonga in the 2008 world cup.

And then decided he was English!!!!!

Are Ellis, Burgess & Widdop not in the squad?? Plus why has it been picked already rather than in a few months time?

I would imagine that a casual answer to the second question you pose is that McNamara has got F-all else to do and toying with stupidity like the inclusion of Manu is something that he can do to get some press coverage for his R/L Guardianista type of job.................... As someone stated "the rep game is becoming a joke", furthermore it also seems that a clown has been installed to lead the show. :angry:

Btw, I forgot that Lennox Lewis, Ruzeski (?), Pieterson & Hape are all English. :D ... Hang on!... No they're not! Oh! It seems loads of sports 'bend' the rules. Who'd have thunk it?...

I'm not saying it's right, as it's not, but still don't see how this is much different from other sports. Especcially when athletics used to 'fast track' citazenship?...

I just don't see why he needs him with The likes of Ellis, Burgess, Joel Tompkins, Ben Westwood & BJB available for selection.

Er actually lennox lewis is English. He was born in west ham in 1965 and didn't move to Canada until he was 12. Sorry!

The rest you can have tho :D

Edited by fatboystu

Oops! I didn't realise! Well, I think most people accept Lewis & Pieterson as 'English' (even if they don't realise Lennox is actually English). Where as the others, well... :D

Helen Mirren isn't English! And she was the Queen. :rolleyes:

No matter where you sit on the eligibility fence, truth is, Manu ain't good enough.

Btw, I forgot that Lennox Lewis, Ruzeski (?), Pieterson & Hape are all English. :D ... Hang on!... No they're not! Oh! It seems loads of sports 'bend' the rules. Who'd have thunk it?...

I'm not saying it's right, as it's not, but still don't see how this is much different from other sports. Especcially when athletics used to 'fast track' citazenship?...

I just don't see why he needs him with The likes of Ellis, Burgess, Joel Tompkins, Ben Westwood & BJB available for selection.

Did Rusedski ever represent Canada at tennis? Wasn't Rusedski's mother from Keighley? So he'd qualify under the parent/grandparent rule. Did Pieterson ever play cricket for SA? He'd qualify under the residential rule. Hape would also qualify under the residential rule and has never played RU for another nation (even though it's a joke). The reverse of the Fa'asavalu situation.

No matter where you sit on the eligibility fence, truth is, Manu ain't good enough.

Born in Hammersmith. :P O and the Queen isn't 100% English and her children are half greek. :lol:

The Queen's German :ph34r:

Born in Hammersmith. :P O and the Queen isn't 100% English and her children are half greek. :lol:

Oohhhh. Feck. Damn heritage! :dry: La-la-la, move along, nothing to see here.

He's not f***ing English!

totally agree always new mcnamara was a dimwit.

He's not English....end of. If he does somehow get picked to play then he is depriving an Englishman of a chance to play for his country.