Brett Kearney.

Catalans played without six first choice players:

Clint Greenshields

Jean-Philippe Baile

Dallas Johnson

Jerome Guisset

Casey McGuire

Sebastien Martins

Bradford had home ground and home crowd advantage.

For the above reasons Les Catalans victory was an impressive one.

The only thing that Catalans should be impressed about is the massive penalty count in their favour.

Just changed jobs mate and am now working that night. Give 'em some grief for me!

I think the key question John for mine is this,

After another dismal year in which the onfield performances have matched the players, which have once again showed no pride, no passion, no motivation and no heart, just what are you going to do to change the mind of the disconcerted supporters who are currently season pass holders but are not going to renew next year.

Because as with any business, the key to success is attracting and keeping customers through offering them a product that they want and love (Watching a side giving 100% effort and showing the pride, passion and the heart and motivation of wanting to put on and wear the famous red, amber and black).

Instead of Ryan Ducket coming out in the T&A and blaming the customers for no longer having an interest in the product (the stay away supporters), do you not feel that you should be trying to offer your customers incentives to watch?

If you are then what incentives are you offering fans to return or renew for next season?

Edited by Tommy The C5t

I think the key question John for mine is this,

After a third consecutive dismal year in which the onfield performances have no pride, passion, motivation or heart, and given that the key to a successful business is attracting and keeping customers through offering them a product that they want, enjoy and embrace, what are you going to do to attract the disconcerted supporters who are currently season pass holders but are unlikely to renew next year?

Mick - taken liberty of reducing the length of your question for the fans forum. Assuming you are still keen enough to go - would you ask the one below please;

"If it is a fact that the cost of staying at Odsal Stadium is not financially viable and we must leave, can you confirm or state where the Bradford Bulls are likely to be based and how you will market that change to the fans on this occassion?"

How does that sound? Interesting?

At the end of the day the Bulls lost because the didn't defend early on and wasted far too many chances, clear cut chances, which should have been taken. I thought they defended well after the first ten minutes, including some lengthy periods on our line. The line was superb and the tackling excellent for large parts of the game, but the game was probably lost due to the general lack of confidence surrounding the club at present, very noticeable when in possession.

I'm sorry but I can't let the inept performance of the referee pass without comment. He wasn't the cause of our loss, we were bad enough on our own to do that, but his awarding of penalties which left both sides both puzzled and fuming at various stages of the game and drove fans at the ground to fury. How he could get to the stage of giving a Bulls player ten minutes for repeated offside when did didn't give a single penalty against the Cats in the same period, despite them being just as guilty as we were, was almost criminal.

Quote from Connor Murphy, Bradford Telegraph and Argus: James Child's performance was at times farcical and the inconsistent way he refereed the game only contributed to the chaos on the pitch, rather than bringing any kind of order to the proceedings. End quote.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

In agreeing with Bulliac's point, i want to add the following pre-cursor to my own point:

The referee did not cost Bradford the match

however, what is it with James Child and the seeming need he has to make every game he referees all about him? I apologise mods if i'm over-stepping the mark around commenting on officials here but this guy really got my goat yesterday and i'm hoping that with me not having any previous you'll indulge me on this a little.

This referee is the only one i can remember in recent times who actually swings the momentum of the game away from teams with baffling decisions that are simply unjustified or by making non-decisions that are clear penalties simply because he seems to want to make a point that he (in his opinion) is the most important person on the field and not the players that we have actually paid to watch. Referees can make mistakes, i accept that, so can i as a fan caught up in the heat of a game, i plead guilty but honestly the game yesterday was at times little about what the Bulls or Catalans wanted to do and more about which interpretation of the rules the ref was going to apply from one set to the next; a number of decisions were farcical to say the least and the only consistency was the inconsistency save for two decisions for moving off the mark (one penalty to each side).

The first half was a complete non-event, in the main because of its stop start nature, which was caused by the referee simply not allowing the players to get on with the game. It was a match that could not in any way be described as having a nasty, overly physical edge to it but the number of penalties was completely at odds with what i'm stating here and the number of times he called Lynch out to speak to him was ridiculous; if Child really thought he had a point, he should have sent a Bradford player to the bin long before he did but in my opinion, he knew that he had made several mistakes and was simply trying to cover himself by shifting the blame for the game's poor ebb and flow onto the players.

The second half was a much better spectacle when it seemed to me someone had had a word in the ref's shell like and told him he was ruining the game as a spectacle and that in fact, those fans that had decided to come to the ground had actually paid to watch the players decide the outcome through their skill (or lack of it) and not based on a referees whims.

It's not the first time this ref has ruined a game for me (and i'm not just talking about Bradford matches) and i'm sure it won't be the last.

Completely agree. It is the boards penny pinching and short sightedness is what's really at the root of where we are today. There's a saying in business that when times get tough, you can't afford to not spend money. Actually, I made that up but it sounds like it comes from Dragons Den anyway.

Cutback on this, cutback on that...can't afford this, release this player,...and look where we are, slumming it with the lower orders. Damn them to hell!!

Bradford cant blame this, its been tough times financially for most clubs. There's only really been Warrington & Leeds who have been splashing cash & signing players over the last few years.

Look at Wigan & Saints, they've hardly made any signings (concentrating more on bringing their own youngsters through) and yet they sit 1st & 3rd on the table

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Bradford cant blame this, its been tough times financially for most clubs. There's only really been Warrington & Leeds who have been splashing cash & signing players over the last few years.

Look at Wigan & Saints, they've hardly made any signings (concentrating more on bringing their own youngsters through) and yet they sit 1st & 3rd on the table

So saints didn't sign Gidley, soliola , pulutua,in the past few years then?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

I apologise mods if i'm over-stepping the mark around commenting on officials here but this guy really got my goat yesterday and i'm hoping that with me not having any previous you'll indulge me on this a little.

To reiterate our stance, we will not stop people calling refs ###### or criticising their performance, it's just that we get seriously fed up of people calling refs bent. People can have an abysmally ###### day at the office without being on the take!

Criticise Childs all you want as long as you don't stray into the libel fields...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

In agreeing with Bulliac's point, i want to add the following pre-cursor to my own point:

however, what is it with James Child and the seeming need he has to make every game he referees all about him? I apologise mods if i'm over-stepping the mark around commenting on officials here but this guy really got my goat yesterday and i'm hoping that with me not having any previous you'll indulge me on this a little.

This referee is the only one i can remember in recent times who actually swings the momentum of the game away from teams with baffling decisions that are simply unjustified or by making non-decisions that are clear penalties simply because he seems to want to make a point that he (in his opinion) is the most important person on the field and not the players that we have actually paid to watch. Referees can make mistakes, i accept that, so can i as a fan caught up in the heat of a game, i plead guilty but honestly the game yesterday was at times little about what the Bulls or Catalans wanted to do and more about which interpretation of the rules the ref was going to apply from one set to the next; a number of decisions were farcical to say the least and the only consistency was the inconsistency save for two decisions for moving off the mark (one penalty to each side).

The first half was a complete non-event, in the main because of its stop start nature, which was caused by the referee simply not allowing the players to get on with the game. It was a match that could not in any way be described as having a nasty, overly physical edge to it but the number of penalties was completely at odds with what i'm stating here and the number of times he called Lynch out to speak to him was ridiculous; if Child really thought he had a point, he should have sent a Bradford player to the bin long before he did but in my opinion, he knew that he had made several mistakes and was simply trying to cover himself by shifting the blame for the game's poor ebb and flow onto the players.

The second half was a much better spectacle when it seemed to me someone had had a word in the ref's shell like and told him he was ruining the game as a spectacle and that in fact, those fans that had decided to come to the ground had actually paid to watch the players decide the outcome through their skill (or lack of it) and not based on a referees whims.

It's not the first time this ref has ruined a game for me (and i'm not just talking about Bradford matches) and i'm sure it won't be the last.

Agree and nowhere in here have I said he did or that he was bent against the Bulls yesterday, we lost the game because of the dropped ball and silly mistakes.

All I've done is pass comment on the most disgraceful referee performance I've ever seen.

As for the final part I totally agree with what you say about Mr Child.

Far too many games this season he's been hell bent on destroying games and yesterday the eight Catalans penalties in a row crippled us and got the Catalans a 10-0 lead.

Agree and nowhere in here have I said he did or that he was bent against the Bulls yesterday, we lost the game because of the dropped ball and silly mistakes.

All I've done is pass comment on the most disgraceful referee performance I've ever seen.

As for the final part I totally agree with what you say about Mr Child.

Far too many games this season he's been hell bent on destroying games and yesterday the eight Catalans penalties in a row crippled us and got the Catalans a 10-0 lead.

At the end of the day the Bulls lost because the didn't defend early on and wasted far too many chances, clear cut chances, which should have been taken. I thought they defended well after the first ten minutes, including some lengthy periods on our line. The line was superb and the tackling excellent for large parts of the game, but the game was probably lost due to the general lack of confidence surrounding the club at present, very noticeable when in possession.

I'm sorry but I can't let the inept performance of the referee pass without comment. He wasn't the cause of our loss, we were bad enough on our own to do that, but his awarding of penalties which left both sides both puzzled and fuming at various stages of the game and drove fans at the ground to fury. How he could get to the stage of giving a Bulls player ten minutes for repeated offside when did didn't give a single penalty against the Cats in the same period, despite them being just as guilty as we were, was almost criminal.

Quote from Connor Murphy, Bradford Telegraph and Argus: James Child's performance was at times farcical and the inconsistent way he refereed the game only contributed to the chaos on the pitch, rather than bringing any kind of order to the proceedings. End quote.

That's putting it nice.

Child won't be seen at Odsal for a long after yesterdays debarcle and a friend of mine who is married to a qualified Rugby League referee and yesterday he was going ballistic at James Child for his shocking and inept display.

This is coming from a qualified Rugby League referee who also thinks the standards are so poor and the only option is to get rid of the likes of Child and bring in new Blood.

My thoughts are that there is no consistency, one referee will operate one way and then another totally differently and it's no good for the players and staff never mind US, the poor supporters who are paying week in week out to watch the tripe from referees.

Mick - taken liberty of reducing the length of your question for the fans forum. Assuming you are still keen enough to go - would you ask the one below please;

"If it is a fact that the cost of staying at Odsal Stadium is not financially viable and we must leave, can you confirm or state where the Bradford Bulls are likely to be based and how you will market that change to the fans on this occassion?"

How does that sound? Interesting?

Cheers Errol, no worries my friend and I'll ask both these questions for sure on Wednesday and let you know the response from Hood, Duffy etc.

Thanks for reducing the length of my original question B)

To reiterate our stance, we will not stop people calling refs ###### or criticising their performance, it's just that we get seriously fed up of people calling refs bent. People can have an abysmally ###### day at the office without being on the take!

Criticise Childs all you want as long as you don't stray into the libel fields...

But no one is calling him bent?

We are just highlighting to you all that Cummings has inept referees who are out to destroy games.

But no one is calling him bent?

We are just highlighting to you all that Cummings has inept referees who are out to destroy games.

I refer you to my post earlier:

No-one's saying you can't criticise refs, that's why the posts are still there and not deleted. It's just we're all way past the kid crying wolf stage now and refuse to believe anything Mick says about referees, even if he were 100% right for a change.

Seriously... if you'd have shown any restraint in the past on referees and not been too willing to throw in the wildly incorrect rants about them then people might listen to you when the ref has a genuinely bad game.

If people see a post where you're criticising a ref and given a straight choice between "is the ref really ######" or "is Mick just irrationally ranting again" then a good majority of people would probably go for the latter.

Every time you have a rant at a ref, I get a number of posts from a wide ranging group of very sensible people, including a few Bradford fans, asking why you haven't been banned (again) yet. It gets harder to defend you every time I see those PMs and your posts on refs.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The only thing that Catalans should be impressed about is the massive penalty count in their favour.

You don't want to address the legitimate issue that I have raised about comparative playing strength of the two teams. You do not address it because you cannot answer it, and because you are obsessed with the referees as the source of your club's woes.

I would not have high hopes of careeer in journalism if I was you.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

I refer you to my post earlier:

Seriously... if you'd have shown any restraint in the past on referees and not been too willing to throw in the wildly incorrect rants about them then people might listen to you when the ref has a genuinely bad game.

If people see a post where you're criticising a ref and given a straight choice between "is the ref really ######" or "is Mick just irrationally ranting again" then a good majority of people would probably go for the latter.

Every time you have a rant at a ref, I get a number of posts from a wide ranging group of very sensible people, including a few Bradford fans, asking why you haven't been banned (again) yet. It gets harder to defend you every time I see those PMs and your posts on refs.

But everyone should be open to criticism, myself, you, teachers, nurses, referees (freedom of speech and all).

With this here forum there is a whole wide range of personalities and ages and if people are sending you PM asking for members to be banned then that is quite frankly pathetic.

At the end of the day we are all highly passionate about are love of the greatest game, so why don't we all just get on and sing the praise of Rugby League.

You don't want to address the legitimate issue that I have raised about comparative playing strength of the two teams. You do not address it because you cannot answer it, and because you are obsessed with the referees as the source of your club's woes.

I would not have high hopes of careeer in journalism if I was you.

I'm fine with the career I have thankyou very much and my reply was to your apparent failure to undesrtand that Catalans had a heavy penalty count in their favour and for the last time the referee didn't cost us the match and no I'm not obsessed with referees and I don't blame them for the shortcomings of my club.

Given how badly caned the Catalans are most weeks, getting the count in their favour must have been a refeshing change. You don't lose so many games on the run without having far more serious issues than the referee. Given the crowd was 6k and loose change at least there weren't many spectators to drive away.

Given how badly caned the Catalans are most weeks, getting the count in their favour must have been a refeshing change. You don't lose so many games on the run without having far more serious issues than the referee. Given the crowd was 6k and loose change at least there weren't many spectators to drive away.

Sure, but on the flipside all these gripes from even the most "sensible" section of the Bradford fans on here must tell you that even with all the problems we have on and off the pitch that it must be a special kind of reffing display to promt that kind of response.

FWIW - I don't think one person on here has blamed anyone but the Bradford players for the defeat.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I think some people are being a little mischievous here and only picking up the points in Mick's posts that they want to i.e. Mick criticises referee = the ramblings of a mad/drunk man (apologies Mick, i use that as a generalisation!).

In fairness to Mick, i don't think on this occasion he has any need to apologise for his complaints; the referee was absolutely shocking yesterday.

However, i agree that Mick has made a rod for his own back in that he allows his passion for his club to blinker his opinions at times and has, on occasion, used the shortcomings of the referees as an excuse for the club's own failings. Incidentally, that is the reason that i felt the need to add a pre-cursor to my own thoughts about James Child's performance yesterday - i do feel now that Mick has blackened the name of Bradford fans on this forum when it comes to our thoughts on referees and even when we do have a genuine cause for complaint about a refereeing performance (i repeat that i am not blaming the ref for our defeat - i'm simply stating his performance generally yesterday was not up to standard), it is seen as "same old Bradford fans, using the ref's performance as an excuse".

However, in further defence of Mick and in the interest of balancing my argument as i do not want to be seen as 'attacking' Mick as that is not ultimately my intention; if you could extricate the good in Mick with regards to his support for Bradford; his passion, knowledge, and willingness to immerse himself in all things Bradford Bulls and inject that into the lapsed supporters and in some ways the Board at Odsal, we would be a serious force to be reckoned with!

For the record - i am not one of the Bradford fans who feels the need to PM the Mods re: Mick's ref rants.