Followers 0
ckn

Bradford Bulls v Catalans Dragons

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford
    • Catalans
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

130 posts in this topic

I refer you to my post earlier:

Seriously... if you'd have shown any restraint in the past on referees and not been too willing to throw in the wildly incorrect rants about them then people might listen to you when the ref has a genuinely bad game.

If people see a post where you're criticising a ref and given a straight choice between "is the ref really ######" or "is Mick just irrationally ranting again" then a good majority of people would probably go for the latter.

Every time you have a rant at a ref, I get a number of posts from a wide ranging group of very sensible people, including a few Bradford fans, asking why you haven't been banned (again) yet. It gets harder to defend you every time I see those PMs and your posts on refs.

But everyone should be open to criticism, myself, you, teachers, nurses, referees (freedom of speech and all).

With this here forum there is a whole wide range of personalities and ages and if people are sending you PM asking for members to be banned then that is quite frankly pathetic.

At the end of the day we are all highly passionate about are love of the greatest game, so why don't we all just get on and sing the praise of Rugby League.

You don't want to address the legitimate issue that I have raised about comparative playing strength of the two teams. You do not address it because you cannot answer it, and because you are obsessed with the referees as the source of your club's woes.

I would not have high hopes of careeer in journalism if I was you.

I'm fine with the career I have thankyou very much and my reply was to your apparent failure to undesrtand that Catalans had a heavy penalty count in their favour and for the last time the referee didn't cost us the match and no I'm not obsessed with referees and I don't blame them for the shortcomings of my club.

Given how badly caned the Catalans are most weeks, getting the count in their favour must have been a refeshing change. You don't lose so many games on the run without having far more serious issues than the referee. Given the crowd was 6k and loose change at least there weren't many spectators to drive away.

Given how badly caned the Catalans are most weeks, getting the count in their favour must have been a refeshing change. You don't lose so many games on the run without having far more serious issues than the referee. Given the crowd was 6k and loose change at least there weren't many spectators to drive away.

Sure, but on the flipside all these gripes from even the most "sensible" section of the Bradford fans on here must tell you that even with all the problems we have on and off the pitch that it must be a special kind of reffing display to promt that kind of response.

FWIW - I don't think one person on here has blamed anyone but the Bradford players for the defeat.

I think some people are being a little mischievous here and only picking up the points in Mick's posts that they want to i.e. Mick criticises referee = the ramblings of a mad/drunk man (apologies Mick, i use that as a generalisation!).

In fairness to Mick, i don't think on this occasion he has any need to apologise for his complaints; the referee was absolutely shocking yesterday.

However, i agree that Mick has made a rod for his own back in that he allows his passion for his club to blinker his opinions at times and has, on occasion, used the shortcomings of the referees as an excuse for the club's own failings. Incidentally, that is the reason that i felt the need to add a pre-cursor to my own thoughts about James Child's performance yesterday - i do feel now that Mick has blackened the name of Bradford fans on this forum when it comes to our thoughts on referees and even when we do have a genuine cause for complaint about a refereeing performance (i repeat that i am not blaming the ref for our defeat - i'm simply stating his performance generally yesterday was not up to standard), it is seen as "same old Bradford fans, using the ref's performance as an excuse".

However, in further defence of Mick and in the interest of balancing my argument as i do not want to be seen as 'attacking' Mick as that is not ultimately my intention; if you could extricate the good in Mick with regards to his support for Bradford; his passion, knowledge, and willingness to immerse himself in all things Bradford Bulls and inject that into the lapsed supporters and in some ways the Board at Odsal, we would be a serious force to be reckoned with!

For the record - i am not one of the Bradford fans who feels the need to PM the Mods re: Mick's ref rants.