Sky to host a double header of Super League

Sky will be showing a double header of SL on September 4th which is the final SL round before the play offs.

One game at 4.15pm then another at 6.45pm.

On Saturday, 4 September there are no Premier League or Championship games across England, with the national team playing the evening before v Bulgaria.

So which games will Sky show, here are the fixtures for the weekend...

Friday, 03 September 2010

Harlequins v Warrington, 20:00

Hull v Leeds, 20:00

St Helens v Castleford, 20:00

Wigan v Bradford, 20:00

Saturday, 04 September 2010

Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield

Crusaders v Hull KR, 18:00

Sunday, 05 September 2010

Salford v Wakefield, 15:00

I reckon deffo Hull v Leeds to decide 4th spot possibly and maybe the Crusaders v Hull KR game as this could decide 8th spot.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky will be showing a double header of SL on September 4th which is the final SL round before the play offs.

On Saturday, 4 September there are no Premier League or Championship games across England, with the national team playing the evening before v Bulgaria.

I reckon deffo Hull v Leeds to decide 4th spot possibly and maybe the Crusaders v Hull KR game as this could decide 8th spot.

I hope you're right there ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

I hope this is a joke. I've specifically booked a holiday starting on the 4th of Sept so I could get to Wigan on Friday night. :O

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I hope this is a joke. I've specifically booked a holiday starting on the 4th of Sept so I could get to Wigan on Friday night. :O

So have the Bulls squad!

We should be ok unless the hubcap race comes down to the last weekend.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

it will proberbly be cas v saints and wakey at salford because i think thats going to be the playoff race coming down to last game crusaders incosistancy and goal difference will cost them from been in race so them two games will be the sky games which i feel wakey will make the playoffs as cas have hull kr leeds and saints to play which all could be towelings where as wakefield have hudds warrington 0 points but bradford and salford 4 points so they will be tied where wakies gd gets them in

Isnt the whole idea to make teams competing for the same positions to play at the same time? Therefore if it is between Cas and Crusaders for 8th spot for example they should both kick off at the same time.

If this is the case then i reckon the first batch of kick offs at 4.15pm will be the potential play off for the top 8 and the 6.15pm kick off will be the race for top 4.

All depends on the next 3 weeks worth of results but this format would make sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say Hull v Leeds a certainty

I think Sky would prefer Stains v Cas as both teams need to win to secure 2nd/8th place respectively, but if there are a load of events planned for the last home game and it can't be moved, I think they'll pick the Cru match

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Apparently Saints v Cas has been selected for the one kicking off at 6:45pm.

If this is true then what a load of ###### !!!

Both the Saints & Warrington games should be played at the same time so neither has the advantage. If Warrington play on Friday then Saints will know exactly what they have to do on Saturday to get 2nd which will definately affect the way the game is played.

Also Saints have arranged a whole host of events for the Friday night which will all have to be re-arranged

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I am now well and truly ****ed off with Sky.

I missed the Crusaders game at Weekend because I had booked into Soughton Hall on Saturday, for a meal and an overnight stay, a treat for my wife more than anything, with the intention of going to the game on Sunday.

My Mum and Dad both mad keen Saints supporters have now retired to Spain. My Dad went to his first game at Knowsley Road in 1946 and wanted to be at the last league game. They fly in from Spain on the 2nd to watch the game. The return flights are at 19:40 on Saturday and guess who has to take them to the Airport!

logo_eyewear_bobster.gif

It's APPARENTLY Saints - Cas. Daft if it's true - how many viewers will they get to see Saints steamroller the oppostion?

Now confirmed Saturday at 6:45

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/2774

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

It's APPARENTLY Saints - Cas. Daft if it's true - how many viewers will they get to see Saints steamroller the oppostion?

Last league game at Knowsley Road. Should get a fair few viewers.

Pleased the Hull game's been moved. Couldn't make it on the Friday because of Leeds Akkies annual end of season dinner. Now I can! Woohoo!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Last league game at Knowsley Road. Should get a fair few viewers.

Pleased the Hull game's been moved. Couldn't make it on the Friday because of Leeds Akkies annual end of season dinner. Now I can! Woohoo!

Same here, pleased the Leeds game has been moved otherwise I would of missed it.

Just booked the cheap train tickets we'll be in Hull for 11:35am, see you in the Three John's and then the New Clarence after the game for St Helens vs Castleford of which I think we'll all be cheering for St Helens to put a record score on the Tigers.

This confirms the high esteem in which Sky hold our game. :dry:

To be fair though, the dates of selection have been known since the start of the season so to an extent, it's not 100% their fault. Plus, they're going to want to choose the big games/most important games towards the end of the season.

I see it still hasnt been put on the sky sports RL site.

I will go mad if the Saints game is moved as I have tickets for it & am in Leeds on the saturday for a night out with the girls. If I miss the last league game at the place I have gone to for 31 years I will not be happy :angry2:

My friend who is a wire fan tells me the Quins V wire game has been moved to the fri which makes me think we will play at the same time so hopeful once moved they wont move the Quins Wire game again

I see it still hasnt been put on the sky sports RL site.

I will go mad if the Saints game is moved as I have tickets for it & am in Leeds on the saturday for a night out with the girls. If I miss the last league game at the place I have gone to for 31 years I will not be happy :angry2:

My friend who is a wire fan tells me the Quins V wire game has been moved to the fri which makes me think we will play at the same time so hopeful once moved they wont move the Quins Wire game again

Sorry Bird

Link :- http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/saints...turday_evening/

It's a joke the RFL / SKY.

How the hell can you plan your life??? You'll have to watch the game in Leeds on the Big Screen listening to that rat stevo :P