Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wendall

Bookies odds for favourites to win Cup

13 posts in this topic

Warrington Wolves have been installed as 7/4 favourites to retain the Carnegie Challenge Cup at Wembley on Saturday August 28.

The RFL

Warrington Wolves have been installed as 7/4 favourites to retain the Carnegie Challenge Cup at Wembley on Saturday August 28.

The RFL

Pardon...... I am i missing your point????

If you back a favourite you win less

You will win more money backing Saints or Leeds with two singles (SF and Final) than backing Wire with two singles (SF and Final). Less money back = shorter the odds. Shorter the odds = favourites. That is why Warrington are favourites for the CC.

Warrington are installed as favourites at this moment in time because on paper they are expected to beat catalans where the other semi is harder to predict, come the final, chances are that Leeds/saints will be favourites.

You will win more money backing Saints or Leeds with two singles (SF and Final) than backing Wire with two singles (SF and Final). Less money back = shorter the odds. Shorter the odds = favourites. That is why Warrington are favourites for the CC.

I did miss your point.

like the post above.... it'll all change after the semi(s)

I did miss your point.

like the post above.... it'll all change after the semi(s)

No worries. You are right about the final though. I would presume that Leeds or Saints would be slight favouries over Wire (if they got through) due to the amount of silverware and big games over the last few years etc. It will be pretty close betting though.

No worries. You are right about the final though. I would presume that Leeds or Saints would be slight favouries over Wire (if they got through) due to the amount of silverware and big games over the last few years etc. It will be pretty close betting though.

Thats the main reason why cos Wire are expected to demolish Catalans, whereas Leeds v Saints could go anyway.

Wire wont give up that easy though we want to retain that cup!!! :D

Warrington are installed as favourites at this moment in time because on paper they are expected to beat catalans where the other semi is harder to predict, come the final, chances are that Leeds/saints will be favourites.

What he said.

Bet365 go

Leeds 4/5

Tie 18/1

Warrington 11/10

Leeds -2.0 10/11

Warrington +2.0 10/11