Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave T

Favourite RL experience

39 posts in this topic

My mini-tour of treiziste-land last week. Carcassonne, Limoux, Perpignan (of course) and Toulouse. Special.

Travelling 7 hours on a coach from Brussels to watch Catalans-Saints at Wembley in 2007. Awesome day.

Wembley last year.

Tonga-NZ at Wilderspool.

My mini-tour of treiziste-land last week. Carcassonne, Limoux, Perpignan (of course) and Toulouse. Special.

Travelling 7 hours on a coach from Brussels to watch Catalans-Saints at Wembley in 2007. Awesome day.

Wembley last year.

Tonga-NZ at Wilderspool.

Tonga - NZ, Yes indeed, one of the best games i've ever seen....Wow what a match.

Jeez, so many.

Far too numerous over the years, both as a low grade amateur player and fan of Wires, and TGG as a whole.

1 special moment came when I drove a minibusload to Wigan for the final test vs NZ.

1 lad, not a full tool box came along, and as the players trooped off at HT asked my very loudly how many more halves were there after this one....?

I felt 20,000 sympathetic eyes staring at me.

My first trip to Wembley (74), Greg's try at Wembley (90), the Sportman's Dinner when I bought "Dessie's shirt" and he then denied all knowledge of it, oh ffs I could ramble for hours here.

It's not the greatest game for nothing.... B)

When Murphy robbed us :dry:

When Bobby Wanbon strolled to the blindside if a brawl and laid out Keith Bridges, and strolled back again.

He had the video when he owned my local, and we had a "private viewing" with locked doors, curtains closed, bar open.

Happy days.

The pub was the Howley.

Dozens of fantastic memories covering more than five decades but one of the best has to be 4th November 2006, Nobby's team kicking the Aussies' ***** at Aussie Stadium.

The Leon Pryce tribute song, 'I'd rather be in Blackpool than Bondi'

Singing 'we can see you sneaking out' when 12000 miles from home.

Got p*ss wet through and couldn't have cared less. Great night.

having logged into here and met some lovely people over the years, and via them I met Lee, first chatting on Christmas Day 2007 comparing our sad Christmas Day meals of his pizza and my crumpets ...and here I am, now living in Huddersfield with him...all via TGG

Who says glamour is dead? :lol:

;)

Watching GB win in Melbourne, great night.

Widnes v Canberra

Beating Wakey at Odsal in the 1975 semi to make Wembley for my first visit.

Any game against Warrington in the seventies or eighties was usually memorable for something that went on on the pitch or off it, or both.

1. Winning at wembley

2. Relegating widnes in their "tin potty" stadium by beating them 60-16 in 2005.

3. Winning 10-0 at Barrow in the cup in 2002. Came home and had to call the doctor out. Heating in the house on full,3 duvet's around me but still shivering. Made to stand in a red hot shower by the doc for 30 mins to try to stop hyperthermia(thanks barrow!).

Edited by Wilderspoolmemories

Tonga-NZ at Wilderspool.

Good call. Hearing 8 thousand locals chanting 'Tonga! Tonga!' was outstanding, and again, gave a glimpse of what the game would be like if we had a true International game.

January.

The anticipation is always the favourite moment for me, Super League is never dull but the weeks leading up to kick off is like having a brand new carpet.

Good call. Hearing 8 thousand locals chanting 'Tonga! Tonga!' was outstanding, and again, gave a glimpse of what the game would be like if we had a true International game.

PNG and Tonga drawing at the Boulevard was also a cracker.

wembley 1975 beating wire,travelled to wembley on a wire coach total silence all the way home,and all the 30 odd widnes finals during my time of being a widnes fan.the 1989 widnes team was the most exciting team i ever saw play rugby league.