Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wendall

Josh Charnley to replace Gleeson next year?

10 posts in this topic

Josh Charnley will replace Martin Gleeson at Wigan next year according Martin Offiah on his Sunday night Sky Sports slot.

Is this true, Wigan fans?

id be happy to sign gleeson at cas to replace shenton if true

I don't think cas have got the money to pay him, he will have been on decent money at wigan.

not heard that but Gleeson was dropped for his unprofessionalism earlier this year

from what I have seen of him recently he is England's best centre - he was superb again on Friday - and so he would be a loss

Charnley is probably going to be brilliant but plenty of players fail to kick on

no inside knowledge, not heard anything and would be surprised if this was so

not heard that but Gleeson was dropped for his unprofessionalism earlier this year

from what I have seen of him recently he is England's best centre - he was superb again on Friday - and so he would be a loss

Charnley is probably going to be brilliant but plenty of players fail to kick on

no inside knowledge, not heard anything and would be surprised if this was so

Well Offiah mentioned it last night and he said Gleeson would be the man to make way. I wonder if he got mixed up with Carmont who looks likely to leave at the end of the year?

think it was just mumble mouth Offiah not actually having the ability to talk properly rather than any inside knowledge..

Charnley appears to be in the running to be the long term replacement for Carmont together with Stefan Marsh. The loan spell at Hull KR has done him the world of good and probably makes him the obvious favourite at the moment. Hopefully he will get some first team action at Wigan next season, as centre is a position where we do not have a huge amount of competition below our first choice, particularly given that Phelps and Bailey will not be around beyond the end of the year and Goulding now appears to be favoured on the wing.

I heard Offiah say this and asked the same question on the Wigan RLFans board.

The general view is that Offiah got it wrong. Hardly for the first time.

Gleeson is contracted to the end of 2012 and at present is in great form.

Wigan would be mad to let him go now.

As for future centres at Wigan, Goulding may replace Carmont end of 2011, Charnley could then take Goulding's place on the wing. There is also Stefan Marsh at the club and Karl Pryce as well.