Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
audois

Up the Taffs!

7 posts in this topic

Yeah not much Welsh about the Crusaders at the moment but what a job Noble, Harris and Sharp have done this year.

But where in the hell did that Scorpions effort come from yesterday at Oldham. It looked like they had gone backwards a bit in recent weeks taking a tonking at Rochdale but that win puts them back in the play off mix for sure.

Edited by audois

Good result for Welsh RL. I always look at the Championship 1 result for Scorpions before the Crusaders results in SL. I might have a couple of quid on Wales for the European Championship. Hopefully the French players will be distracted by winning the Challenge Cup with Catalans.

:)

Good result for Welsh RL. I always look at the Championship 1 result for Scorpions before the Crusaders results in SL. I might have a couple of quid on Wales for the European Championship. Hopefully the French players will be distracted by winning the Challenge Cup with Catalans.

:)

Funny you should say that but I'm a bit like that to. Because thats the future isn't it. With Catalans this season I'm just as interested in seeing how their Academy U18s are going and follow with great interest the Roosters U20s. Its particularly important with the new expansion clubs that they develop their overall structures but in the last week I've seen these scores which are most encouraging:

Quins U18 52-18 Wakefield

Catalans U18s 26-22 Salford

Crusaders U18s 38-32 Hull FC

Oldham 24-42 South Wales

Hemel 46-12 Kippax

Nottingham 34-28 Featherstone Lions

It made the usual 4 hour plus journey back home go very quickly, not been that happy since the win at Bradford away last year. A marker and a major achievement to take on from this season.

The defence was immense and the majority of the try scoring chances were taken, simple really , they'd been capable of this all season , losing 5 matches by 6 points or less says alot.I just wish there had been more 'Taffs' up there with us to see it. A side put together quickly about a month or so before the start of the season of a few seasoned pro's , talented local Union converts, a local South African and Australian with Welsh heritage have done remarkably well, but whatever their background they are now Welsh Rugby League players. I look forward to seeing many of them representing my country this Autumn in what will be a real barometer as to how well we're doing.

It made the usual 4 hour plus journey back home go very quickly, not been that happy since the win at Bradford away last year. A marker and a major achievement to take on from this season.

The defence was immense and the majority of the try scoring chances were taken, simple really , they'd been capable of this all season , losing 5 matches by 6 points or less says alot.I just wish there had been more 'Taffs' up there with us to see it. A side put together quickly about a month or so before the start of the season of a few seasoned pro's , talented local Union converts, a local South African and Australian with Welsh heritage have done remarkably well, but whatever their background they are now Welsh Rugby League players. I look forward to seeing many of them representing my country this Autumn in what will be a real barometer as to how well we're doing.

Good to hear all that. I noticed Gareth Dean not on team sheet Sunday. I know Gareth because he plays here in Carcassonne although from next season he will be transfering over to Limoux. His idea of going to the Scorpions is to put himself in the window for the EC.

Plus the supporters' club has reformed in Wrexham AND there's a page in the programme in Welsh!

Newyddion da! Good news! ;)