Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pen-Y-Bont Crusader

Gareth Thomas

14 posts in this topic

Shows what you know! Him and his agent are out to run down RL, I read it on some RL forums.

He's been a good ambassador for the game. i am really impressed. he speaks well and is always positive about things

What time was he on?

Daylight saving I think.

Good on you Gareth. The RL communities amazing ability is to accept people as they are. History speaks for itself. It dosnet take long for a few ignorant voices to be drowned out. Its what makes RL special. If you can tackle, pass and sometimes kick then we don

He's been a good ambassador for the game. i am really impressed. he speaks well and is always positive about things

clearly not a proper rugby league person

This wasn't on air but when during a break on the Real Radio phone in on Wednesday, he said to the presenter that he didn't want to talk about rugby union, he wanted to talk rugby league. He also said he wanted the questioning to go towards talking about the development of junior RL in Wales. He's committed.

I seriously the game uses him as an ambassador or whatever after he retires. This is an opportunity to good to miss. We have let too many jewels leave our game without a fight. Hanley, Edwards, Offiah, Farrell etc have gone doing other things when we could have used them to promote the game. I dont really rate Thomas as a player, but he is 36 years old and not played much League. However he has the potential to open the game up to many people from different backgrounds. Will our game once again waste this chance?

I seriously the game uses him as an ambassador or whatever after he retires. This is an opportunity to good to miss. We have let too many jewels leave our game without a fight. Hanley, Edwards, Offiah, Farrell etc have gone doing other things when we could have used them to promote the game. I dont really rate Thomas as a player, but he is 36 years old and not played much League. However he has the potential to open the game up to many people from different backgrounds. Will our game once again waste this chance?

But he has to want to do it aswell.

He has never been one to shirk a challenge , I've wanted to see him play League for a long time, as I think it could do wonders for the game here, but would have prefered if he had done it about 3 years earlier.

Normally don't listen to Talkshite's sensationalist bull but good to see him getting out there and promoting it.