Well done Leeds

Superb game, great effort by both sides

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Somebody tell Bluey hes not supposed to mention it means everything, tis only a mickey mouse cup

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Agreed.

Although I can't quite bring myself to share the sentiments in the thread title!

We needed a Yorkshire side in the final just to keep the interest this side of the pennines

I'll watch the final now

Well done Leeds!

I don't understand the need for a Yorkshire side though, I thoroughly enjoyed the Hull derby in 1980 & the Hull v Fev match without bemoaning the need for Lancastrian involvement & would support anyone other than Aussies against Wigan

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

:huh: Well then you're even less of a League fan than Kris.

There isnt a smiley that id like to use to answer that dumbass comment

I at least had the creativity to try and include one for yours.

Bravo

Guess i was asking too much for a thread to run to its title

Close call and the last 30 minutes the game really came alive! Had they lost, Leeds would only have had themselves to blame. Saints looked somewhat slow and pedestrian to me at times and not the fast reaction creative team I expected. Overall, in my view, the better team won.

If Leeds win the cup, they'll properly deserve it, having beaten every team above them in the league (on the presumption Wire win tommmorow).

Even when Saints were ahead they never looked like they were going to win for mine.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Somebody tell Bluey hes not supposed to mention it means everything, tis only a mickey mouse cup

One or two of them let the cat out of the bag in their excitement.

Jamie Peacock's first words in the changing room interview were 'It's hard'.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If Leeds win the cup, they'll properly deserve it, having beaten every team above them in the league (on the presumption Wire win tommmorow).

Even when Saints were ahead they never looked like they were going to win for mine.

I think that after that Meli walk-in, they had to respond from the break, or fail.

They came up with the goods.

Great game, see-sawing scorelines, Leeds, well done.

I think the disruption to the stains halves ultimately cost them, but you only beat the 13 on the field(plus 4, I know) on the day.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I m amazed that no one mentioned the absence of Kyle Eastmond, the greatest attacking force in Super League, and Leon Pryce, an effective SL club player, from the St Helens lineup. St Helens were, at the last minute denied the presence of both their halves. The halves, if talented, are the brains behind any team's attack.

How could that loss of first choice halves, especially one as brilliant as Kyle Eastmond, not have had an impact on the result?

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

I m amazed that no one mentioned the absence of Kyle Eastmond, the greatest attacking force in Super League, and Leon Pryce, an effective SL club player, from the St Helens lineup. St Helens were, at the last minute denied the presence of both their halves. The halves, if talented, are the brains behind any team's attack.

How could that loss of first choice halves, especially one as brilliant as Kyle Eastmond, not have had an impact on the result?

What ifs don't win or loose games, the game would have been different if different players were on the pitch, but it would have been different if there was a thunderstorm during the game or if the referee had worn a bucket on his head.

Leeds could have won by more if Eastmond and Pryce where on, who knows. :rolleyes:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

What ifs don't win or loose games, the game would have been different if different players were on the pitch, but it would have been different if there was a thunderstorm during the game or if the referee had worn a bucket on his head.

Leeds could have won by more if Eastmond and Pryce where on, who knows. :rolleyes:

Most of PS posts seem to be about "what if's" and "maybes".

Thank you for your valuable contribution.