Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hindle xiii

Cunningham focused on league

9 posts in this topic

(if Wendy can do it!) from www.superleague.co.uk

Captain Keiron Cunningham says St Helens will take out their Carnegie Challenge Cup frustration on their Engage Super League rivals.

Yesterday

What else could he say, "we are still going for the Challenge Cup" or "Wel'll concentrate on the Regal Trophy".

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious.

I wouldn't worry too much hindle, its like the kid in the playground who's just been battered shouting "I'll get you next time" as he runs home to mummy.

What else could he say, "we are still going for the Challenge Cup" or "Wel'll concentrate on the Regal Trophy".

I wouldn't worry too much hindle, its like the kid in the playground who's just been battered shouting "I'll get you next time" as he runs home to mummy.

True and well put.

However, Saints will dick them.

True and well put.

However, Saints will dick them.

Oh yes, Saints will dick them.

But because they are absolutely garbage.

(if Wendy can do it!) from www.superleague.co.uk

*gulp* :( We're gonna get dicked!

Maybe, erm who beat you last time out?

They went well in the semis too.

TBH, Padge is right, it would be more of a story if the LegendĀ© said he want to score from more than 3 yards out next time.....

I was taking the 'this is a non-story but it makes a passing comment about my club' angle! ;)

What do you expect a reporter asks questions he answers them.

If he didn't answer them it would be typical arrogance shown from Saints refusing to answer questions, he does answer so it's stating the obvious.

Of course maybe the reporter should not have asked the questions, but then we'd all be complaining that RL does not get it's fair share of media attention.

It's no win which ever way you play it with some people, in football they spend days stating the bleeding obvious as it gets them media coverage. Have a read through the comments after the Charity shield about chelsea not panic buying after getting wumped in the pre season friendly. Of course they are not going to panic buy from a one off game , but it's coverage and so it's worth putting out there. Come to think of it. 99% of all news is bleeding obvious but they still bother to publish it. Keeps people in jobs I suppose.

And just to prove my point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A72759748

link to Times cutting coverage of RL.

Does that mean there will be no more, albeit infrequent, match reports in the Sunday Times? The one this Sunday was almost half a page and for once was considerably bigger than any RU coverage.