Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tommy The C5t

Steve Ganson dropped from this weekends games

12 posts in this topic

Championship referee Robert Hicks will take over from Steve Ganson as the referee for the Catalans Dragons v Harlequins game on Saturday in France.

Good call by the RFL to drop him.

In other news Wigan Warriors have Phil Bentham who they have yet to win under this season.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

Championship referee Robert Hicks will take over from Steve Ganson as the referee for the Catalans Dragons v Harlequins game on Saturday in France.

Good call by the RFL to drop him.

In other news Wigan Warriors have Phil Bentham who they have yet to win under this season.

Every cloud etc

:lol:

I am no lover of ganson but to be fair he has been found guilty at this moment in time of.................nothing! I always dispair when someone arrested "on suspicion"(and suspicion is all the police need apparently to arrest someone)has their name dragged through the mud. He is innocent until proven guilty and only then should this story have been released.

I am no lover of ganson but to be fair he has been found guilty at this moment in time of.................nothing! I always dispair when someone arrested "on suspicion"(and suspicion is all the police need apparently to arrest someone)has their name dragged through the mud. He is innocent until proven guilty and only then should this story have been released.

I agree.

I would have had Ganson as the Ref for the Final ;)

It's fair enough to say he's innocent till proven otherwise but surely the RFL also has to take into account his ability to do what is a tough job. I think it's fair for them to make a judgement that he is perhaps not in the correct frame of mind to do the job. Can you imagine the extra abuse he'll cop? I know it's not a pro level, but a few years ago a local ref here lost his brother in the days leading up to a game but still insisted on reffing. He had a shocker and it was generally accepted that he just wasn't up to it emotionally. Different situation but perhaps a similar concern here.

Well I can't find where it says he's been dropped. The fact he's not refereeing this weekend is obvious but is there anywhere that gives the reason?

Well I can't find where it says he's been dropped. The fact he's not refereeing this weekend is obvious but is there anywhere that gives the reason?

Micks turf accountant?

Micks turf accountant?

Not a very good bet that.

Locked for the same reason as the last one.

Until the legal process has run its course, please don't start any further threads relating to this matter.

Thanks.